Only one gun for the rest of your life!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If you could only own one for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

• Total voters

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    It's the gun I have listed in the classifieds

Desert Eagle; one frame, five barrel combinations. A LOT of BOOOOM for the buck. Excellent deer-slayer too. Snipes pretty well, also. It IS the Evil Black Gun of my signature. Or my switchable BushMaster AR-, in 7-inch and 20-inch versions.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    picture.php

picture.php

Ar15 pics

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd go with my M4gery, but what I really wanna know is who is this telling me I can have only one, and what do they plan on doing about it, cos they'd be looking to find out why I have the M4 in the first place.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Took me about 2 seconds to decide on this one. I would have to keep my Kimber UDC 1911. IMHO, the best handgun ever made and would definitely last and provide dependable service for many lifetimes to come. ;)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I would probably pick my 3" or 4" revolver chambered in .357 Remington Magnum. It is the most versatile handgun I own. I've killed everything from rabbits to deer with one and it makes a great defense weapon. It is not so huge that I can't carry it concealed. With .38 Special wadcutters, it makes a great small game, target shooting or plinking handgun. I can even load wax or rubber bullets and shoot them for practice.

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    I'd take anything but the glock really. Not to start a debate as it's been done too many times but I've had the worst luck with them. Can't beat a shotgun for home defense and all around utility imo!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wouldn't give up my 1911 for personel carry....other than that its between one of my M1 Garands or my Fed. Ord. M14A.....I would probably pick the M14 because of the scope fitment is so much better than on my Garand. With no shotgun I'll guess I would be forced to be a illegal deer hunter now...lol

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I chose AR15 because I can use it for self defense, offense, hunting, and a lot of the people I will dispose of will have them so I can get free parts and ammo. :D

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    S&W 629 .44 Magnum with a 6" barrel. Small enough to conceal if needed and properly dressed. Powerful enough to kill just about anything in North America. Accurate enough for moderate-range hunting.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Blunderbuss. It was made to accept shot, slug, gravel, spare cat parts, nails, etc. If I had to pick one weapon system to literally any scenario, it would win.

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    I voted other.

I would say my mateba.

Why? Because its a pita to field strip. Parts are non-existant. Its too big for what it is. It supposedly starts jamming after 50-60 rounds.

Honestly though it just brings a grin to my face to look at it. Sure it is beyond pointless, but its italian. What else can you expect from italians?

Top Bottom