Open act of civil disobedience in DC on July 4th....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have been hearing about this for months. I am NOT on FB. My boss is, and we both agree, that this is a terrible mistake. If anyone is shot or arrested, this could be disasterious, for the 2nd A..... JMHO, :twocents: .....

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I think the gov knows this puts themselves in a predicament of a potential disaster if they don't Handle this with kids gloves. I think DC might let Kokesh have his march and be done with it. Then maybe later, Kokesh might get arrested.

If they stop the march on the DC side of the bridge and arrest Kokesh, the gov will be fueling the fire and they know it.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    When one breaks unjust laws it doesn't mean you're no longer a law abiding person...

I agree, but one must be ready for the consequences when breaking unjust laws. I think there are plenty of other avenues to take at this point instead of breaking the law. In my opinion, breaking the law would be the last resort since it could possibly lead to violence.

We must remain the responsible people that we are and not try to display ourselves as lawless, anti-government fanatics.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think the gov knows this puts themselves in a predicament of a potential disaster if they don't Handle this with kids gloves. I think DC might let Kokesh have his march and be done with it. Then maybe later, Kokesh might get arrested.

If they stop the march on the DC side of the bridge and arrest Kokesh, the gov will be fueling the fire and they know it.

Ive seen pointed out they will never get out of the starting gate. The rally point is Arlington Natl Cemetary, which apparently has some pretty strict gun restrictions that for some reason extend beyond the property line for quite a bit (I assume like the 1,000' rule for school property) .

Speculation is if they attempt to assemble as planned they will be arrested before they can even proceed toward the bridge. (I assume as they arrive)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I agree, but one must be ready for the consequences when breaking unjust laws. I think there are plenty of other avenues to take at this point instead of breaking the law. In my opinion, breaking the law would be the last resort since it could possibly lead to violence.

We must remain the responsible people that we are and not try to display ourselves as lawless, anti-government fanatics.

What you talking about willis? If certain gentleman thought with that rationality about TEA things would be alot different right now, would it not? :dunno:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

Boy I sure am glad Rosa Parks decided to break a unjust law and refuse to move to "the back of the bus".

Gunner

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    There's a caveat to "breaking" unjust "laws", thy can't be broken because they can't be laws at all.

It doesn't matter if you have a fancy piece of paper that says its a law or not.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    There's a caveat to "breaking" unjust "laws", thy can't be broken because they can't be laws at all.

It doesn't matter if you have a fancy piece of paper that says its a law or not.
    I suppose we'll see you in Washington then? I mean, if it's an unjust law that means they can't arrest anybody for it, right? That fancy piece of paper is what makes it a law, unjust or not. These folks are trying to toss out that fancy piece of paper.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I suppose we'll see you in Washington then? I mean, if it's an unjust law that means they can't arrest anybody for it, right? That fancy piece of paper is what makes it a law, unjust or not. These folks are trying to toss out that fancy piece of paper.

"They" can arrest "you" for anything they want....whether it sticks come court time is another story....its that long trip through the court system that is all the "fun".

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Thats one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. A law is a law is a law. Breaking a law, no matter how "unjust" will still land you in a heap of trouble--if you get caught. And since the whole premise of this civil disobedience is to get caught....

Let me know how that philoso[hy works out for you. What are the laws you consider "unjust?" Is the individual the bottom line or is there some sort of "unjust law committee?"

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    An unjust law is still a law; however if a law is unconstitutional, then it is not SUPPOSED to be a law, if it is, then we should not obey it... but that takes a more where-with-all then most of us, including me, have right now... I would hope that I could work up to it, but I don't know if I would or not... I have a family and responsibilities and ending up in jail or prison would not be conducive to those things. For me, at least for now, we are not to the breaking point.

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    The caveat is in response just because one breaks unjust laws it doesn't make you a non law abiding individual because they're not really laws.

Obviously the intention of civil disobedience is to show how ridiculous laws certain laws are.

So when that fancy piece of paper says owning guns is against the law, you'll all accept that as truth?

St. Thomas Aquinas has answered the questions about unjust law and natural law already.

apfroggy0408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Franklin
    “An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law”
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

Top Bottom