• ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    71bQrq2RixL._SL1500_.jpg

Bwaaaahahahahahaaaaa! Yes!

Pretty close, although the blade looked more like a circular saw blade than that.

That thing is sweet....more of a Zombie defense "long arm"..................:):

It got more use than the chainsaw for cutting down the saplings in the field. It would take out a 2" sapling in no time flat. Unless there was a clump of them it was quicker than firing up the chainsaw. And yes it would probably work pretty well on Zombies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    To those who feel it is their right so just do it and others be damned. Simple point,

You are in a restaurant with your kids...a group of questionable sexuality (males) enters wearing pink ultra hot-pants showing a lot of the lower unit and frontal package, pink wife beaters and the rest of the uniform and acting the part. Openly kissing and such.

Would this offend you????

It would me.

Is it their right to act and dress in this fashion....yes it is.

Is it the correct thing to do in a family setting....no it is not.

Would you get up and leave....start a thread complaining of the rude behavior...complain to management...call LEO???

My simple point is as stated way back in the thread, just because it is legal and you can does not make it the right thing to do.

Time and a place for everything.

I have on flame retardant clothing so blast away.
    Yup, but it's not my place to say what you can and can't do in someone else's establishment/property. I see questionable dress and behavior almost daily. People drop F-bombs and say things TO my kids, not just within ear shot, that I frown on. It's called a teachable moment. And if the behavior/language is so bad that I believe it will leave a mark, so to speak, I get up and leave. I don't confront other people about their behavior. I don't think I get to dictate what other people can do just because I disapprove of it. I certainly don't agree with telling them they can't when they can for the same reason.

BOOM!
    The next debate tactic rears it's head.
    Deflection.

I pointed out your straw man about me STOPPING you from doing anything and you go straight to how badly the police acted.
    Yes, the police acted badly.
    They acted terrible.
    The harassed a citizen and they should have had more class and tact than that.

What does that really have to do with the fact that the OP's FRIEND did something that was a really bad idea.
    If this becomes common practice, the public at large will start to notice and react to it.
    Talk about your logical fallacies. If it becomes common practice, people will be less likely to take notice.

I can tell you this, what they police (I STILL SAY THE POLICE WERE BAD AND WRONG) did was very similar to what my Dad or uncle would have done to me if I had brought my loaded shotgun into the house after a morning squirrel hunt. It would not have been pretty.
    Your parents/relatives dispensing an education based on what they think is appropriate behavior in their personal domicile is worlds apart from police prohibiting legal behavior on public property or the property of a third property by bullying someone into compliance with their preferences. THis is your logical fallacy #2.

Oh, btw, I have a friend that shot his 22 through the wall because it wasn't unloaded. He missed a whole hunting season over that. Maybe he should have told his parents that it was his right to have a loaded rifle in the house
    And this is your Straw Man #1.

You tell me, what would an AD in a restaurant do for the cause?
    I can't decide if this is Logical Fallacy #3 or Straw Man #2. Either way, it's irrelevant. If an AD is your standard of acceptability, we might just as well hand in our Larrys and wash our hands of the 2nd as anything more than hunting and putting holes in paper.

And subject young children to this.........Just asking.
    Depends. It might be used as a teachable moment (what not to do, our morality, etc.) It might be ignore-able. If neither of those options are available, and it's so bad that I don't want my children exposed to it, I would leave. I would let the manager know why, but I would not ask him to confront them.

Not me my friend....Family restaurant with the little kids. That is what I am trying to say. No right minded set of parents would allow this around the kids. Just because you can....should you.
    And by extension, any parent that would is not in his/her right mind????? Could it be that the behavior you described isn't universally considered inappropriate? And could it be that some people are okay with seeing uncommon behavior?

I understand the point you're making, but I think it highlights the other side of the argument just as much.

iamhdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Yup, but it's not my place to say what you can and can't do in someone else's establishment/property.

No, but you're free to tell the owner or manager that you don't like something that someone in their establishment is doing and the owner/manager is free to ask them to stop or leave. People don't have a right to not hear complaints about their behavior.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Yes, but the owner or manager is also free to tell you to pound sand or quit being a whiny mama's boy. I should be able to carry HOW I want, WHEN I want, and WHERE I want, without someone crying that my perfectly legal firearm, that isn't bothering them, is an unwelcome sight and *****ing to the manager. Do you agree?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, but you're free to tell the owner or manager that you don't like something that someone in their establishment is doing and the owner/manager is free to ask them to stop or leave. People don't have a right to not hear complaints about their behavior.
    That was not part of the equation. And I probably would tell the manager, right as I was leaving his establishment for the last time. I do believe he has a right to know why I'm not coming back. He can decide then and there whether or not my business is more important to him than the people who are "offending" me. But I would presume that by allowing the behavior to continue unabated without being told by other patrons that it is disturbing/disruptive, he is explicitly or implicitly (it really doesn't matter to me) condoning it and that it probably doesn't bother him.

Who the heck would I have to think I am that I can tell one person how to behave in someone else's business? Is that not the height of arrogance, that my opinion is so important that I think I can control other people's behavior?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good points 88.

I was just again saying that we as a group need to use our heads. To each there own how they set examples.

I have recently snatched up a young man in a restaurant that was running off more foul language at the top of his lungs than any one person should even know. My grand daughter said "Pa-Pa, he is just nasty and makes me mad"
    With that I asked him to tone it down a bit. He told me to F-off, it is a free country. I snatched his ass up and held him with both feet off the floor and explained to him it works both ways and he needed to shut his pie hole. When I set him down it was to a round of applause from the room. He was embarrassed and left. He did flip everyone off. Idiocy is rampant.

That he has the right to express himself it was a poor decision to do so in that environment.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Good points 88.

I was just again saying that we as a group need to use our heads. To each there own how they set examples.

I have recently snatched up a young man in a restaurant that was running off more foul language at the top of his lungs than any one person should even know. My grand daughter said "Pa-Pa, he is just nasty and makes me mad"
    With that I asked him to tone it down a bit. He told me to F-off, it is a free country. I snatched his ass up and held him with both feet off the floor and explained to him it works both ways and he needed to shut his pie hole. When I set him down it was to a round of applause from the room. He was embarrassed and left. He did flip everyone off. Idiocy is rampant.

That he has the right to express himself it was a poor decision to do so in that environment.

That made me laugh.

Although, I do think it's rather risky putting your hands on someone else, even if they deserved it. IMO, that's escalating the situation even more, and who knows what COULD have happened.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That made me laugh.

Although, I do think it's rather risky putting your hands on someone else, even if they deserved it. IMO, that's escalating the situation even more, and who knows what COULD have happened.

Of course you are right but when the little crap sack told me to "F" off it was a free country I had to share with him the fact it is not exactly free. Write a check with your mouth and your butt has to cash it.
    I seriously doubt I changed his mind set but I am a hero to the Grand daughter. In the end that is all that matters.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That made me laugh.

Kudos to Churchmouse, maybe if more people "escalated" the situation than these punks wouldn't be running rampant acting however they want to act.

iamhdr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Yes, but the owner or manager is also free to tell you to pound sand or quit being a whiny mama's boy. I should be able to carry HOW I want, WHEN I want, and WHERE I want, without someone crying that my perfectly legal firearm, that isn't bothering them, is an unwelcome sight and *****ing to the manager. Do you agree?

So you want to freely exercise your 2nd amendment rights while telling others they shouldn't be able to exercise their 1st amendment rights?

Top Bottom