• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Or, as its known in the greater Lafayette area, just another Saturday night.

Stop making fun of Tippecanoe County, statist! If I want to ride my unicycle down Main Street and proclaim the virtues of Ron Paul while wearing a kilt, it's none of your Palladium business.

So give it shot and let me know how it goes.

There is the matter of expenses. I've waive my per hour, but I'll need a generous expense allowance at the Iron Cactus in Austin.:D

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There is the matter of expenses. I've waive my per hour, but I'll need a generous expense allowance at the Iron Cactus in Austin.:D

I might just stand for the Iron Cactus bill, but you have to cover airfare yourself, and wear the kilt while you educate Kory and the gang while I video it. In fact, you have to go through TSA wearing the kilt (and wear it like a TRUE SCOTSMAN). And the patchouli oil.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about: cover sushi bill at that place on 5th & Colorado, bar bill at Iron Cactus, I buy the plane ticket, no kilt (even though the kilt is an English invention), but I'll wear dirty jeans and a Ron Paul shirt AND not shave for a week, and educate your suicide bombers.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Let me get ready. *Breathing*

38236_453812311012_197766376012_6637441_5427842_n1.jpg

Now I am ready for the Texas suicide bombers!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The Leg has just begun, I don't think anything has made it out of committee yet. There's about a dozen OC bills of various forms. Certainly the unlicensed carry ones are already dead. There are (at least) two licensed carry bills that may still have a breath of life...or maybe it's just agonal respirations.

Campus carry... I didn't see the Dana show, but I am guessing that they were talking about how 19 Senators are co-authors (not just sponsors) of the bill, so it will certainly pass the Senate. But it passed the Senate last time too, that's not really the problem. The key is how the Speaker of the House and the head of the house committee where the bill ends up will treat it. Last Legislature it appeared that if campus carry came to a floor vote in the house, it would pass...but it never made it out of committee. The committee chairs decided which bills get voted on in committee, and if they want to kill it, they just don't let it vote. If the committee chairs want to keep their jobs, they also listen when the Speaker whispers in their ears that certain bills should not proceed. Therefore a lot of 2A supporters do not like the current speaker, Joe Strauss. We did get some good gun bills through, he is not totally anti-2A, but he has other priorities as well, and it appears the support of the university/college administrative crowd and their allies in the Leg are important to him as well.

Do you think maybe they are too spread out on too many bills? Does that make it easy on committee chairs to blame it on confusion and push it off until another time? Kinda like what seems to happening here in Indiana?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Let me get ready. *Breathing*

Now I am ready for the Texas suicide bombers!

Excellent!

The sight of shaggy-faced, Margarita-fortified Kirk Freeman, clad in Ronulan T-shirt, kilt, and sock puppets, leading the OCTC crowd out the south exit of the Capitol, down Congress Ave to the Colorado River ("that's where I keep my whiteboard") like the Pied Piper of Anarchy, should be a magnificent vision. At least it might distract attention from the mywayorthehighway ravings of OCTC.

Oh please please please please.....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Do you think maybe they are too spread out on too many bills? Does that make it easy on committee chairs to blame it on confusion and push it off until another time? Kinda like what seems to happening here in Indiana?

No, everyone knows most of them won't go forward anyway (and the count includes companion bills, i.e. nearly identical bills filed in both the senate and house). There's only a couple bills that have an actual chance, and neither of them is unlicensed carry. Most of them have a major flaw in that they mess around with (weaken) the 30.06 notification requirements about how private property owners can do notification that concealed or open carry is not allowed on their properties. In fact, OCt/OCTC seems to actually want to make it easier to do so. ??

But no, I don't think the number of OC-related bills is the problem.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

If the leadership wanted something to pass, they would make sure it happened. Even with several bills, they could merge them, and take action.

Any lack of action blamed on something else (too many bills, one lawmaker got his fee-fees hurt on opening day, etc.) is merely a scapegoating attempt for something that the leadership doesn't want to pass. (But it sure makes for nice campaign fodder!)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If the leadership wanted something to pass, they would make sure it happened. Even with several bills, they could merge them, and take action.

Any lack of action blamed on something else (too many bills, one lawmaker got his fee-fees hurt on opening day, etc.) is merely a scapegoating attempt for something that the leadership doesn't want to pass. (But it sure makes for nice campaign fodder!)

That is kind of my point.
    If WE as the electorate would separate the wheat from the chaff and focus on a specific bill or two to pressure our reps and leadership with, would it not make them more accountable?
    I guess I'm just a dummy when it comes to this sausage grinding, but this dummy feels as though we are reacting instead of acting?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

So Grisham has a friend on the WT staff!

Patrick’s comments came a day after a small rally by open carry advocates at the Capitol, the second in as many weeks.

Couldn't possibly be a connection there, could there? I mean using Facebook to **** on legislators who have been staunchly pro-2A for years, then get in their faces at the capitol and get in their faces are textbook examples of how to win friends and influence enemies. Patrick states a fact of life and OC supporters throw a tantrum and try to shoot the messenger.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Couldn't possibly be a connection there, could there? I mean using Facebook to **** on legislators who have been staunchly pro-2A for years, then get in their faces at the capitol and get in their faces are textbook examples of how to win friends and influence enemies. Patrick states a fact of life and OC supporters throw a tantrum and try to shoot the messenger.

Why do you hate Liberty.

Don't you realize that if you are Pure, then you need to **** people off in order to be recognized as Pure?

Good luck with your suicide bombers down there, Alamo. They don't help no matter where they are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why do you hate Liberty.

Don't you realize that if you are Pure, then you need to **** people off in order to be recognized as Pure?

Good luck with your suicide bombers down there, Alamo. They don't help no matter where they are.

Are they why the leadership in our House has decided to play deaf, dumb, and blind this year? I know that sounds snarky but not even my local rep is returning correspondence, my senator has (Steele) but not my rep.

Top Bottom