• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Why do you hate Liberty.

Don't you realize that if you are Pure, then you need to **** people off in order to be recognized as Pure?

Good luck with your suicide bombers down there, Alamo. They don't help no matter where they are.

What's interesting (in a ghastly sort of way) is the leader of the OC Texas movement (Grisham) seems to be trying distance OCT from OC Tarrant County (Kory Watkins) without getting off the "pure" path. That's a narrow route to follow....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

WOW, with "friends" like this...

??? :rolleyes:

[video=youtube_share;4bCJGeXZaRg]http://youtu.be/4bCJGeXZaRg[/video]

Gun Nuts commentary on this loon:
    http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/02/04/kory-watkins-is-a-nitwit/

...This Kory Watkins nitwit and his merry band of fellow travelers who have succeeded in such epic douchebaggery that pro-gun legislation in Texas…Texas…has been imperiled are precisely the sort of people that could make Ghandi pick up a stick and start kicking some tail....

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    SB 17 Relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry a holstered handgun; creating a criminal offense; providing penalties,
    and
    SB 11 Relating to the carrying of concealed handguns on the campuses of and certain other locations associated with institutions of higher education,
    are scheduled to be heard by the State Affairs Committee of the Texas State Senate on Thursday 2/12.

Come and Take It Texas is promising to show up and testify against SB 17.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If anyone is interested in Texas doin's, the Texas Senate committee hearing on campus carry and licensed open carry is happening right now, and is live-streamed at this link: Senate Committee on State Affairs - Feb 12th, 2015

Note that when referring to campus carry, concealed handgun license holders can legally carry on campus grounds/sidewalks/parking lots, etc, but not in "premises", which basically means inside the buildings. The campus carry law would remove that restriction.

Links to the two bills being heard:
    Texas Legislature Online - 84(R) History for SB 11
    Texas Legislature Online - 84(R) History for SB 346

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Both bills passed out of the Senate State Affairs Committee with 7-2 votes.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo continued his support of the 2A by bemoaning how much extra cost and manhours will be thrust upon police departments because of MWAG calls if OC passes. If INGOers could please let me know how much time and effort their PDs expend on MWAG calls that turn out to be legal OC, please let me know so I can help the Chief prepare his budget.

One woman testifying said if OC passed she would move out of state. A strange hum arose apparently generated by some kind of harmonic brain wave convergence when a large number of those present simultaneously thought "...and don't let the door"........ well... you know the rest.

I'm not sure if it was the same woman or not who said (about campus carry) she would move her children to Chicago so they wouldn't get shot at school. OK then. You do that.

Hey! I was actually kind of "meh" about open carry, there are more important bills to pass, but if it drives the pantywaists out of Texas -- full speed ahead!

OC did pass with one annoying amendment -- Senator Huffman, who is generally a supporter, added an amendment that all handguns would have to be CC if on campus. ??

On to the Senate floor.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Both bills passed out of the Senate State Affairs Committee with 7-2 votes.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo continued his support of the 2A by bemoaning how much extra cost and manhours will be thrust upon police departments because of MWAG calls if OC passes. If INGOers could please let me know how much time and effort their PDs expend on MWAG calls that turn out to be legal OC, please let me know so I can help the Chief prepare his budget.

One woman testifying said if OC passed she would move out of state. A strange hum arose apparently generated by some kind of harmonic brain wave convergence when a large number of those present simultaneously thought "...and don't let the door"........ well... you know the rest.

I'm not sure if it was the same woman or not who said (about campus carry) she would move her children to Chicago so they wouldn't get shot at school. OK then. You do that.

Hey! I was actually kind of "meh" about open carry, there are more important bills to pass, but if it drives the pantywaists out of Texas -- full speed ahead!

OC did pass with one annoying amendment -- Senator Huffman, who is generally a supporter, added an amendment that all handguns would have to be CC if on campus. ??

On to the Senate floor.

Hopefully you guys get it while you can before more of the rats flee Californina, etc. migrate in and rot you out like the infested rat holes they're fleeing.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Oh, an unexpected bright note was that the Chancellor of Texas A&M said he has confidence that his students and faculty will carry on campus with as much responsibility as they do elsewhere; altho the campus has no official position on it, he does not oppose campus carry

Also, another witness on OC: "Boldly go where 46 other states have gone before" :)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Good to hear! Good luck on the bill getting through the Senate.

The Senate is not the problem. It passed campus carry last time, and I am pretty sure it will go for licensed OC.

The problem will be in the House. Speaker Straus squelched campus carry in the last legislature by arranging for it to never come to a vote by the full House (it would have passed a full vote), and he just made a noise today in the press that might suggest something unpleasant is planned for this session as well. Still early days tho.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    At one point in Acevedo's testimony, he seemed to be saying that it would be better for a student to be raped and then treated with all the "resources" available to rape victims than to take the risk that an armed student be murdered with her or his own gun in an attempted rape. This comment is getting a lot of attention in the gun community, on talk radio, and I think the Fox station in Austin did a bit on it. I'm told there was also some pushback on that comment from later witnesses.

Here's the vid of that part of his testimony:

[video=youtube;x86hsyYaN1c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x86hsyYaN1c[/video]

Top Bottom