• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nam68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    port st lucie
    Just so you know. That cop or cops could have thrown you down to the concrete hand cuffed you and they check you out that way. Happens all the time. Open carry is a right in certain states but, you're taking a chance. Gun grabbing and alarming the public. That's your preference I like no one knowing i'm carrying. Just my 2 cents.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just so you know. That cop or cops could have thrown you down to the concrete hand cuffed you and they check you out that way. Happens all the time. Open carry is a right in certain states but, you're taking a chance. Gun grabbing and alarming the public. That's your preference I like no one knowing i'm carrying. Just my 2 cents.

Lulz

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You have a very unique viewpoint, where may i subscribe to your newsletter?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

You are looking for this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

Also, I spot concealed carriers at least once a week. So much for me not knowing they are carrying...:whistle:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Sounds like you've bought into the hype without any real experience. Your resident state of Florida is one of the very few places where such an opinion seems to hold up simply due to their onerous restriction upon carrying openly.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

What a shame you have to live in such an anti-freedom state as Florida. It must be awful to have to act like a common criminal by having to hide your gun used to exercise your God given right to protect yourself.

But hey, at least you have the "element of surprise" so...

Oh yea, you can open carry while you fish, though so it mustn't be too bad on you.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    What a shame you have to live in such an anti-freedom state as Florida. It must be awful to have to act like a common criminal by having to hide your gun used to exercise your God given right to protect yourself.

Oh yea, you can open carry while you fish, though so it mustn't be too bad on you.

:lol2:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

Everyone knows all people in Florida are criminals.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport

If I lived in Florida, I would be fishing all the time!

nam68

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2014
    port st lucie
    WOW! you guys are tough. I thought I made a general comment. Does this mean you guys go everywhere OPEN CARRY? BTW. From Indianapolis and moving back to INDY after 45 years in florida better known as the GUNSHINE state. Hey! go easy on me.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

Looking back on it that would've been my preferred way of it going down after I presented my LTCH. I feel as though if that would've happen chances are my pockets would be fatter and this could've actually been productive towards bettering police awareness to OC here in northwest indiana, the legalities of it, and informing police all around this area that stopping people who are pumping gas and minding their own business simply because you feel the need to show your power is unacceptable.

Unfortunately it seems it is going to take something extreme to get some progress here in NWI, I should've known that this video clearly showing the officer breaking the law would not be enough to accomplish anything as noone was injured, because since we're so close to Chicago the common mindset is that if they didnt beat you, kill you, or taze you while your handcuffed you got off lucky and anything less than that isn't worth the time of anyone, especially if you are a gun owner. Hopefully I dont have any more run ins with LEO'S. Getting your own gun pointed at you while its ripped from your holster and then having everyone tell you there's not much you can do without dumping a ton of money into it that you dont have and even then it would be futile as the laws the officer broke aren't serious enough to anyone except a small percentage of people so nothing will probably be accomplished.

Oh and thanks for your 2 cents ill put them in my worthless information piggy bank.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    WOW! you guys are tough. I thought I made a general comment. Does this mean you guys go everywhere OPEN CARRY? BTW. From Indianapolis and moving back to INDY after 45 years in florida better known as the GUNSHINE state. Hey! go easy on me.

Not tough, just... efficient on this topic. :):

Welcome back to Indiana. We're not really one of the least restrictive states, but less restrictive than FL.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Just so you know. This crap is getting old for a lot of us.

Don't be a gun butter.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

You betcha we do! Some people here on INGO are said to tape their handgun right to their forehead! Just a rumor though...

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Welcome back to the Hoosier state, nam68. Judging by your screen name, you must be a Vietnam veteran. Thank you and God bless you for your service to our country. Many of us OC everywhere the law allows us to carry a firearm. Indiana does not differentiate method of carry. As long as you have your LTCH, you can carry as you wish.

OCers getting hassled by law enforcement does happen but on the whole it's pretty rare. When it does happen, it usually gets posted here for discussion and advice. But make no mistake, it is very rare. When you move back, try it. You just might like it.

Your previous reply rustles feathers since we that choose to OC get flack from people from time to time and we are quick to point out the errors of their ways. You just stepped in it, that's all. Nothing personal.

Again, welcome and thanks for your service.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

You might find reaching 50 posts challenging...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I haven't noticed a lot of "alarm. In fact, no one seems to notice.
    The few that noticed, seemed curious.
    Neither have I.

But I default back to the fact that a middle-aged, chubby woman with kids in tow is a low risk sight, even for the hardened JBT who's jonesin' for a curb-stompin' fix.

Top Bottom