• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Can't be worse than the guy I seen wearing basketball shorts, cowboy boots, a Hawaiian shirt, and a John Deere baseball cap. He had a thigh holster with a monster looking High point in it. It was so loose it was just flopping all over the place. I was wondering win the velcro straps were going to give out because they looked like they were maybe half on.

People like this I really want to say something to, but would it make a difference?

What's with the CCW badges? Do they have your permit number on them?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Can't be worse than the guy I seen wearing basketball shorts, cowboy boots, a Hawaiian shirt, and a John Deere baseball cap. He had a thigh holster with a monster looking High point in it. It was so loose it was just flopping all over the place. I was wondering win the velcro straps were going to give out because they looked like they were maybe half on

...sounds like he lost a bet or was being hazed by his friends...that gives me a great idea for last place in FF this year :laugh:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Can't be worse than the guy I seen wearing basketball shorts, cowboy boots, a Hawaiian shirt, and a John Deere baseball cap. He had a thigh holster with a monster looking High point in it. It was so loose it was just flopping all over the place. I was wondering win the velcro straps were going to give out because they looked like they were maybe half on.

People like this I really want to say something to, but would it make a difference?

Must've been a Hickster. :):
    Ok, I'll leave now.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I actually can’t even bring myself to watch one single minute of it. I’ve seen enough from
    the preview that I knew right away that I would not lower my standards that low.

You're missing out, man. It is the ultimate trash TV. Guilty pleasure, like White Castle. :):

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    Somebody needs to confess, I know it was one of you. Confessions can be sent to me via PM and you will be informed of what action needs to be taken to receive forgiveness.

Hahaha the catholic father is here for you to confess your sins Ndavid45!. Back to the topic, please everyone on the forum, let us carry our firearms responsibly. Thank you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My guess is no, it wouldn't make any difference. People get very defensive and believe they know what they're doing, even when they're clearly demonstrating they don't. Back a few years ago I carried a Ruger SR1911 in a leather pancake holster on my Biobelt. It was nice, tight and secure. While shopping Kroger one day and open carrying, I saw a guy walk by with a huge black gun in a nylon holster that was flopping around like it was about to jump off his belt and fall on the ground. Couldn't tell what it was other than it was big, black and had a hammer. I must have had a look on my face that summed up my feelings cause the guy glared at me and quickly left the aisle. I just shook my head and carried on shopping. People like that and other examples in this thread give gun owners a bad name because they are clearly demonstrating they don't know WTF they're doing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My guess is no, it wouldn't make any difference. People get very defensive and believe they know what they're doing, even when they're clearly demonstrating they don't. Back a few years ago I carried a Ruger SR1911 in a leather pancake holster on my Biobelt. It was nice, tight and secure. While shopping Kroger one day and open carrying, I saw a guy walk by with a huge black gun in a nylon holster that was flopping around like it was about to jump off his belt and fall on the ground. Couldn't tell what it was other than it was big, black and had a hammer. I must have had a look on my face that summed up my feelings cause the guy glared at me and quickly left the aisle. I just shook my head and carried on shopping. People like that and other examples in this thread give gun owners a bad name because they are clearly demonstrating they don't know WTF they're doing.

How about approaching them by saying something like. I've got a pistol/revolver similar to that and I have an x brand x style holster for it. Its amazing. Maybe they will go check it out and buy one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How about approaching them by saying something like. I've got a pistol/revolver similar to that and I have an x brand x style holster for it. Its amazing. Maybe they will go check it out and buy one.

I agree that there may be some people who may be approachable for such a conversation. I didn't feel like the guy in my story would be amenable to such a conversation though, based on the glare he was sending my way.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    It can help to "Show Off"??

Yes, this works for me also about 1/2 of the time-Something like this when I see a person with a Hi-Point/Jennings in a "Floppy Sock" type of holster:

"Hay, how are you doing??-Great to see you carrying". Usually open my vest/oversize shirt, to show my 1911, CZ, Glock, carried on a firm gun belt, in a quality leather or Kydex holster, to show that I also have something on.
    About 50% of the time the person asks 'What you got, and what's it in?

As said above it can?? be a training session ??...Bill.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Is it me being more SA or are people actually noticing a sidearm now.
    Just seems to be drawing more attention lately.

It's probably your SA. I know mine has kicked up a notch or two from the Normal.
    I am now operating at FPCON Bravo. I believe we all should be at least at that level.
    (I am guessing that LEOs are probably at Charlie.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom