Open Carry [which is legal] in Michigan = Detained at gunpoint?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So then a person who IS NOT COMMITTING A CRIME BY WALKING DOWN THE STREET can be detained using a Terry stop, I think not... What does it say, "reasonable suspicion of involvement in criminal activity" Lets see, just carrying a gun is NOT reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. The Supreme Court has already ruled that when the carrying of arms is legal, there is no reasonable suspicion of criminal activity that raises the level to justify a Terry stop.

I figured you would attempt to bring up a Terry stop, and it just isnt so. Whatever cop stopped him should have to PERSONALLY pay the lawsuit that this guy will win, along with whatever court fees and if they cant then the cop should end up in jail, plain and simple. As I said before until the police stop with the heavy-handed Unconstitutional stops people will continue to despise the police.

Gunner

the gun was not the initial reason for the investigative stop, it was the citizens calls to police of a suspicious person. The holstered firearm was incidental to the encounter. The officer was dispatched, and upon arrival noted the odd behavior of the subject. He also noted the subject was armed. The officer had RS for a frisk because he knew the subject to be armed. The officer took control of the firearm, and after a brief investigation he was free to leave.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    the gun was not the initial reason for the investigative stop, it was the citizens calls to police of a suspicious person. The holstered firearm was incidental to the encounter. The officer was dispatched, and upon arrival noted the odd behavior of the subject. He also noted the subject was armed. The officer had RS for a frisk because he knew the subject to be armed. The officer took control of the firearm, and after a brief investigation he was free to leave.

So, I have on a bluetooth headset and I am talking to someone, and someone else sees me "talking to myself" then it is raised to a Terry stop to stop and demand ID, and to check to see if I am a felon or not. You obviously are clueless as to what is and what is not considered a Terry stop.

Gunner

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

According to the article " Police first dispatched an officer to investigate a “suspicious person” with a holstered firearm." It would seem the person seemed suspicious because he had a holstered firearm. What was suspicious? Walking down the street or walking down the street with a holstered firearm?

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    According to the article " Police first dispatched an officer to investigate a “suspicious person” with a holstered firearm." It would seem the person seemed suspicious because he had a holstered firearm. What was suspicious? Walking down the street or walking down the street with a holstered firearm?

Well, if you ask Destro he will tell you that anything a person could possibly be doing is suspect.

Gunner

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    You obviously are clueless as to what is and what is not considered a Terry stop.

I get that a lot....

94f6a999b07f4cc385648e8f730f8c6b.jpeg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Wearing a hoodie or soliciting door to door is suspicious and worthy of a police stop.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Wearing a hoodie or soliciting door to door is suspicious and worthy of a police stop.

Remember, anything and everything is considered suspicious and warrants police intervention. What about the grandfather at the park with his grandkids being forced with threat of arrest to provide ID because he was watching young kids... These are the kinds of things that really get my blood boiling. I would refuse to provide any identification whatsoever possible being arrested and then get me a really nice payday all at the taxpayers expense. But as I mentioned before, until the police are held personally accountable both legally and financially then these kinds of Unconstitutional infringements will continue to happen. Again, no wonder people hate the police anymore.

Gunner

Top Bottom