• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You should attend the INDY 1500 in 2 weeks. INGO gear will be for sale :yesway:

If you enjoy fighting large crowds, being around sweaty men who are wearing cammo, and looking at all kinds of guns, and making fun of INGO MOD VUPDblue, it's worth flying from France for ;)

I would love to come!
    But in two weeks? I cant come in just two weeks plus it's too hot in Indy right now.I will come when the heat goes down, that way I will avoid the sweaty men. :):

Also since I always hear about negligent discharges at the INDY 1500, here on INGO, im not sure I would like to visit, especially with my lady.
    I mean last time a dealer shot himself in the hand and could have shot someone else.Scary.

Is getting shot while looking for guns worth flying from France? :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't go to every single 1500....probably 2-3 each year...but I've never heard of an accidental discharge there.....???...hard to do with each weapon required to have a champer tie/strap

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not once you add on the event parking fee.

Wow, not worth it! :noway:
    I can just get shot here in France for free without spending money on parking fee (and airplane ticket).
    I heard shots fired around my house all the time this week, I believe (and kinda hope) it's the hunting season. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How often is the INDY 1500?
    I didnt know it was more than once a year.
    I might go to one if I can find a bullet resistant vest to wear.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Does anyone know if anyone OC any rifle or shotguns?

I've seen it, usually on special occasions. I've seen a lot of photos of it.

Much criticism abounds of those who make the choice to openly carry long guns. Some of the criticism is reasonable and some is virtually identical to the criticism of open carrying a handgun. The irony is that sometimes the latter is delivered by those who are adamant supporters of open carry . . . for handguns.

If I were to choose to do it, I think I'd use one of those trigger guard covers tethered to something on my body. That way the trigger is covered, much like a holster does for a handgun, but if the weapon is needed, it will pull free as it's being presented.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've seen it, usually on special occasions. I've seen a lot of photos of it.

Much criticism abounds of those who make the choice to openly carry long guns. Some of the criticism is reasonable and some is virtually identical to the criticism of open carrying a handgun. The irony is that sometimes the latter is delivered by those who are adamant supporters of open carry . . . for handguns.

If I were to choose to do it, I think I'd use one of those trigger guard covers tethered to something on my body. That way the trigger is covered, much like a holster does for a handgun, but if the weapon is needed, it will pull free as it's being presented.

Am I mistaken, or does a long gun have to be unloaded when carried?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I'm unaware of a legal requirement for this. Empty chamber with a long gun to me is appropriate since these guns lack the drop safeties in handguns. AR with magazine? Carry on.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Pefectly legal to open carry a loaded long gun in Indiana, no LTCH required. Provided you're not a prohibited person of course.

That said, depending on where you carry it, it likely won't go over well.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This is my next oc rig

l7iAV14.jpg

Top Bottom