OPEN INGO SHOOT May 13th @ProTEQ in Brazil!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    WOW! It doesn't look good for attendance this year. Just me and farmerdan. I am sure we will have a lot of fun so I guess it will be OK. :ingo:

I hope to make it to the shoot. Not sure what I'm going to bring yet. Is non-AP .50 BMG acceptable for use on the steel plates? I have some spotter-tracer projos I was thinking of loading up and trying out.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I hope to make it to the shoot. Not sure what I'm going to bring yet. Is non-AP .50 BMG acceptable for use on the steel plates? I have some spotter-tracer projos I was thinking of loading up and trying out.

Standard ball is fine. I'm not sure about tracers. That might be too much of a fire risk.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I too am going to try to make the trip down from Indy, at least for the morning and early afternoon.

I'm taking the wife to see Tom Petty later that night so I need to be back by mid-afternoon.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I will bring my:

New Mossberg Shockwave and the low recoil #4 2 3/4 buck for people to try out.
    One of my 556/223 AR's to sight in with the new optics on it.
    Probably my Ruger Mark IV and a 9mm as well.

I hope we get good weather but the lower field has a covered pistol range so I am shooting no matter what. :ar15:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well, I do hope there are lurkers who aren't posting but will be there. I do like meeting you folks and I love to shot with you all as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I hope Aaron will bring his 50BMG as I would really like to shoot it. Been sometime since I fired one of those

HERE is my final list of what I will have on hand, for me, and everyone else, to shoot...

• Ruger Match Champion 357magnum revolver
    • Ruger Single Seven 327FedMag single action revolver
    • Ruger Mark IV Target 22LR pistol
    • Diamondback pocket 9mm pistol
    • Jericho 9mm pistol
    • Mossberg Shockwave 12ga (up to 3" shells) shotgun
    • AR rifle 223/556 that I need to sight the Vortex 3x scope in on
    • (Possibly I may also bring my Henry 357mag lever action rifle)

So I will have some ammo but if you want to shoot something a bunch, bring ammo. Also, I don't have much 3" ammo if you want to shoot that from the Shockwave. I will have low recoil 2/34" #4 Buck and a box of Skeet Shells, also 2 3/4", but not a lot of 3" and no slugs at all so bring those if you want to see how the 14" barrel feels with those kinds of shells. :)

Hope it doesn't rain but the pistol range is covered so I plan on being there all day either way.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just a quick update:

Due to some individuals who were not being safe, Don has had to change the rules about the placement of personal targets on the range (distance from berm).

There are signs posted and Don will advise the folks that are there when the event starts. Please make to follow all posted rules and help remind others if they didn't notice the change.

Remember, we are guests there and we want to be invited back.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down for this. I have too much going on at work and I need to spend the morning at the office.

Have fun everybody. Stay safe and post pics.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am not gonna bring a camera and I don't have a cell phone of any sort so if pix are going to be taken, it will be someone else.

I hope that the turn out will be decent but if it isjust me and farmerdan, we will have plenty of fun and do a lot of shooting. :)

See whomever decides to come there! :ingo:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I can use some gun powder therapy, so I may swing by.
    Unclear on changes to placing targets... should I bring my steel? or no?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Bing your Steel. We will make sure you don't mess up. :yesway:

It's easy so no worries. Don will be around at some point too so I am sure we can get it right.

See you tomorrow!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I know what they are talking about. I could be wrong but the advice below is still sound:

Cliffs notes: Its about the part of "Know your target AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT." Make sure your bullet lands in the berm after it pokes the hole in the paper. (or if you miss the steel)

If you are shooting prone and your target is at 50 or 100 yds, place the target in a low target holder.
    If you are shooting from the bench at 50 or 100 place the target in a tall holder.

Prone into high holder=bullet over berm
    Bench into low holder= bullet hits ground behind target and skips over the berm. (I didnt realize that when he called me out on it several years ago)

Not sure if your target is at the right height? shift your aim to the side of the target. If the berm isnt in your sights, your target is at the wrong elevation.

Im going to try to stop by after class late afternoon to have a little fun and chrono my new reloads.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    low/prone is kind of obvious (or so I'd like to think). I prefer prone, and shot low targets on paper last year. Thanks for clarifying, I will bring them out. Nothing fancy... a couple 8" rounds and a 2/3 silhouette. Just wasn't sure what the hub bub was all about...

More excited to bring out my sbr so I can run it at distance since I only really function tested it at 30 yds a month or so ago.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I left at 2PM. I had been the only INGO person there since 10AM and my back started bothering me so I went home.

I was there and I shot several of my firearms as well as some of the other folks who were there, not INGO folks but just members.
    I talked with a few of the people and Don and had a pretty good time. I guess I had hoped there would be a few folks there while I was there but when it became 2PM and with the back, I packed my stuff and left. Sorry.

Top Bottom