• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    On Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012, SSNFA in conjunction with Huntertown Arms were able to host a group of Indiana House of Representative and Indiana State Senators at Eagle Creek Shooting Range for a "Hunting With Suppressors" educational experience!!! The legislators were offered the chance to shoot suppressed and unsuppressed .22LR pistols and rifles, .223 rifles, .308 rifles and .357 magnum rifles. I was very very happy with the results and I felt that every legislator there was 100% on our side when they got in there car and drove away. Even the main sponsor of SB243 had a new found passion and education for suppressors. Keepin mind that this was not a mandatory attendance event. These elected officials were here because they WANTED TO LEARN, they WANTED TO VOTE WITH A EDUCATED BACKGROUND of the topic. I commend all of them for that. They were Republican and Democrat alike.

To update everyone on where we are as of today, SB243 has successfully passed the Indiana Senate and is currently had its first reading in the House. It has been assigned to the public policy committee with some talk of reassignment to the Natural Resources Committee. Regardless of the Committee it has a VERYgood chance of passing committee with a "DO PASS" recommendation.

Committee hearings are expected next week and hopefully second reading, any amendment votes and final roll call vote.

If it passes the House then it will go to conference committee which is a joint committee that makes sure that both House and Senate versions are the same.

If both House and Senate versions are the same it will go to Governor Daniels for ratification. If ratified it will become law, most likley on July1, 2012.

We are not there yet, but we are close....keep up the fight and urge yourstate representative to vote yes on SB243!!!

This fight has been fought hard by all of us but some names deserve special attention. A continued public thank you to: Ashley Varner of the NRA-ILA, Steve of Huntertown Arms, David of 21st Century Firearms,J ahred of AGS, Harley of Down by the Tracks, Matt at Front Towards Enemy and thanks to Mr. Jason Lee who has been at a every committee meeting and event to date with a show of support.

As for this shoot, thanks for the time and donations of Steve at Huntertown Arms for time, ammo and guns, Jason Lee for time, ammo and guns, Sgt. Tim Williams of Beech Grove Police Department for guns, The Eagle Creek Range & Beech Grove Firearms for hearing protection.

It is because of you the voter voicing your opinion and the guys above that you will be hunting with suppressors next year!!!

***THESE PHOTOS WERE DISTORTED BY ME, NO ONE ASKED ME TO DO IT BUT I FELT THAT SINCE I DID NOT ASK PERMISSION TO POST THEM I FEEL THAT IS WHAT I SHOULD DO.***

DSC_4886.jpg

DSC_4881.jpg

DSC_4880.jpg

DSC_4877.jpg

DSC_4873.jpg

DSC_4871.jpg

DSC_4872.jpg

ASHLEY VARNER, LOBBYIST FOR THE NRA-ILA

DSC_4882.jpg

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Thats awesome. Thanks to all you guys that helped put that together and all the work you guys have done helping to get this passed.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Good work. "Grass roots lobbying" at its finest. I like the idea that votes are cast based on information and reason rather that the gun hate on TV. "news"

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Congratulations this appears to be a very positive event!

Do you think you changed any minds? With all due propriety, any comments you can share?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I can not express my gratitude enough for all those folks invloved for getting this done.

Hell, I don't even hunt, but know full well this effort will do great things for the quiet shooting community.

Kudos to all involved.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Excellent work!...Now if we can do an Operation "Short Barreled Shotgun" house let me know! I'll bring the ammo and refreshments!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Good job Corey and Huntertown Arms! Just for this I will force myself to buy more suppressors from both of you! It's a sacrifice Im willing to make!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    SB243 couldn't pass on it's own and had to be amended into the DNR bill HB1279. This eliminated any public input in front of the House commmittee and guaranteed passage.

Engrossed Version, House Bill 1279

Not true at all. The Chairman of the Public Policy committee decided not to hold any more hearings this year, eliminating any public input in front of his committee. He punted. The punt was returned for a touchdown. Good guys win the game.

Politics is a contact sport.

Top Bottom