Operation 'Varsity Blues' - FBI uncover massive fraud in college entry exam scam

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know that most of you were dying to hear this song again.

[video=youtube;Kus-YGkFR8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kus-YGkFR8w[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Buy one's way out of a federal indictment? By the time the indictment comes down, it's well beyond that point. This isn't the "Boardwalk Empire" era.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On a slightly different tangent, I think most parents who had a degree of difficulty in their youth want things to be "easier" for their kids. I think that's natural.

Its also the problem.

I think the more appropriate attitude is that I want things to be better for my kids: better opportunities, better insight at how to succeed with the opportunities, better choices overall. That is not the same as "easier." In fact, sometimes, it is the exact opposite.

:yesway:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is illegal? No seriously, i wouldn't have even known. I'm sure they DID know. Regardless what do they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Seems like everything is illegal though now or someone needs someone else to let them know if its right or wrong.
    Everyone is always out for themselves. Not "everyone" but a lot of folks. Wealth and power have always had advantages. Many of these people are well connected and keep investigations like this one from even happening. The system is rigged, we all knew this. If you start at the bottom you're going to have to work harder than the people at the top to achieve your dream but in America ANYONE can still "make it" and that is what separates us from the rest of the world
    There are always things that aren't right or unfair, but you just have to keep moving forward and not use that as an excuse to give up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is illegal? No seriously, i wouldn't have even known. I'm sure they DID know. Regardless what do they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Seems like everything is illegal though now or someone needs someone else to let them know if its right or wrong.
    Everyone is always out for themselves. Not "everyone" but a lot of folks. Wealth and power have always had advantages. Many of these people are well connected and keep investigations like this one from even happening. The system is rigged, we all knew this. If you start at the bottom you're going to have to work harder than the people at the top to achieve your dream but in America ANYONE can still "make it" and that is what separates us from the rest of the world
    There are always things that aren't right or unfair, but you just have to keep moving forward and not use that as an excuse to give up.

Fraud is illegal.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    hey brother.
    As it relates to fraud yeah for sure. Once I start thinking at the bigger picture and everything involved I Can certainly see how it is a crime.
    Regardless if it was illegal or not though, my point above was that it is wrong what they did.

I think Ms. Loughlin should be punished by living with me for a week.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In an era when the usefulness of a college education for many people is being rightfully questioned, the real question, for me, is "what makes an elite college elite". In large part, it's because people think it's elite. The fact that people can buy their kids is more evidence of this.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    On a episode of shameless, William H. Macy's character Frank, his son was getting paid to take the SAT's for high school kids. Makes you wonder if this was a idea for the show
    or visa versa.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Wait maybe this is it

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ma/investigations-college-admissions-and-testing-bribery-scheme

What's Jimmy Kimmel's wife's name...

Charged by Complaint
    Defendant Charges
    Gregory ABBOTT
    Marcia ABBOTT
    Gamal ABDELAZIZ
    Diane BLAKE
    Todd BLAKE
    Jane BUCKINGHAM
    Gordon CAPLAN
    Michael CENTER
    I-Hsin “Joey” CHEN
    Amy COLBURN
    Gregory COLBURN
    Robert FLAXMAN
    Mossimo GIANNULLI
    Elizabeth HENRIQUEZ
    Manuel HENRIQUEZ
    Douglas HODGE
    Felicity HUFFMAN
    Agustin HUNEEUS
    Bruce ISACKSON
    Davina ISACKSON
    Michelle JANAVS
    Elisabeth KIMMEL
    Marjorie KLAPPER
    Lori LOUGHLIN
    Toby MACFARLANE
    William McGLASHAN
    Marci PALATELLA
    Peter Jan SARTORIO
    Stephen SEMPREVIVO
    Devin SLOANE
    John WILSON
    Homayoun ZADEH
    Robert ZANGRILLO

I think the Elisabeth is a children's book writer??

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I heard they were being charged with racketeering, doesn't that mean the government can confiscate all their assets?

Top Bottom