• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    No need to mail it off halfway across the country when we have ZR Tactical here in central Indiana. ZRTS has milled my pistols for RMRs, Shield RMS/RMSc, etc. They do FANTASTIC work.

PS. The Holosun 407k/507k both use the same milling pattern as the Shield RMSc

He asked I answered. Myself the last couple of gunsmith jobs went to AllenM. My milling before that was done by Mark Housel, one of the originals.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had my 2.0 Compact done by DP Firearms. Unfortunately, Allen couldn't do that slide with the rear DT cut for Glock sights. Which I wanted.

DP did a good job.

ZR Tactical didn't seem interested when I talked to them on the phone. Said they were mostly a mass production business now. Based on the good stuff I hear about them here, I may have got them at a time they were too busy to have much interest in my little job. Unfortunately, they probably won't see my business in the future. But again, it's probably a good thing for them so they can focus on their core business. No hard feelings. It was a business decision. For both parties.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    No need to mail it off halfway across the country when we have ZR Tactical here in central Indiana. ZRTS has milled my pistols for RMRs, Shield RMS/RMSc, etc. They do FANTASTIC work.

PS. The Holosun 407k/507k both use the same milling pattern as the Shield RMSc

The 407k/507k ALMOST have the same footprint as the rmsc.
    You have to flatten the back two index lugs to flush and shorten the front lug by about 10-15/thousandths of an inch to seat the Holosuns.

PS in September Holosun is re-releasing several of their optics to the x versions, e.g instead of 507k, 507x; instead of 508tv2, 508tx2.
    It’s due to the Trijicon lawsuit. They haven’t said what the changes are yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    sage dynamics gives them the nod, thats good enough for me. (atleast the 507k, not sure if he has ran the 407k)...

i was going to go with the 407k but apparently it is only available with a 6 moa dot and I want to match the dot on my 407c which is a 2 moa if I recall.

I can get the 507k and turn off the outer ⭕️ and have a 2 moa dot.

makes me wonder why they configured the models that way. Maybe the thinking is smaller gun most likely for defensive purposes at close distance needs faster target acquisition, not pinpoint accuracy?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A lot of people prefer a larger dot on a handgun mounted RDS. The first one I had was a Vortex Viper with a 6 moa. I just purchased a Trijicon rmr with a 9 moa dot.

I use the smaller moa dots on my rifles.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    awful but honest question... you mean dremel down the screws or??? When you say that you have to flatten the lugs, can you put that into "computer geek who likes to shoot" 3rd grade language? Dremel down a screw I can do... not sure what you mean though.

The 407k/507k ALMOST have the same footprint as the rmsc.
    You have to flatten the back two index lugs to flush and shorten the front lug by about 10-15/thousandths of an inch to seat the Holosuns.

PS in September Holosun is re-releasing several of their optics to the x versions, e.g instead of 507k, 507x; instead of 508tv2, 508tx2.
    It’s due to the Trijicon lawsuit. They haven’t said what the changes are yet.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    awful but honest question... you mean dremel down the screws or??? When you say that you have to flatten the lugs, can you put that into "computer geek who likes to shoot" 3rd grade language? Dremel down a screw I can do... not sure what you mean though.

People have used a simple file or dremel depending on level of comfort

JSpider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I have had a 407K on order with Optics Planet since 3/24/20. It’s now on extended back order and OP no longer has it available on their website. Not sure I’ll ever see it...

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have had a 407K on order with Optics Planet since 3/24/20. It’s now on extended back order and OP no longer has it available on their website. Not sure I’ll ever see it...
    some optics planet customers have been getting their orders cancelled
    You should call customer service and see if they'll get you high on the waiting list for when the 407k x2 (replacing the v2) comes out

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I realize that answer was probably still unclear sorry.
    So when you take off the cover plate on a hellcat optics ready version or p365xL or canik elite subcompact (it uses optics plates not a direct rmsc cut) you will see four indexing lugs that mount into the bottom of the 407k/507k optic.
    The Holosun footprint does not have 4 holes for indexing lugs, it only has the 2 front indexing lug holes.
    So on your mounting surface you'll have to take a dremel or file and shave down the 2 back indexing lugs until it's smooth/flat/flush otherwise the back of the optic will ride up high.
    The front indexing lugs are still too tall for the 407k/507k and you'll have to file/dremel those down something like 10-15/1000's of an inch otherwise the front of the optic will sit high and won't be flush with your mounting surface. Hope that helped. There are YouTube videos out there and it's a quick modification.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I finally got my 507K (not the X2 version) and I LOVE IT. Mounting on my P365XL was easy with the screws included with the optic. It is a solid piece of equipment. I also am a big fan of the circle with dot reticle. Makes finding the dot fast MUCH easier. I am already looking to get another to add to my G48.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Optics Planet shipped my 407K super fast and I received it today. It is very small in comparison to the HS407C V2 that I have on my G19. I took a bunch of pictures, mainly to give people a reference when they are looking at these. The 407C V2 has a 2 moa dot and the 407K has a 6 moa dot. The larger dot doesn't bother me. The one picture shows a size comparison of the dots.

K0hRqg6.jpg

38D8caE.jpg

GVeJrSX.jpg

LtsbtGR.jpg

2ZQbyfO.jpg

lX6RFm6.jpg

xF4PfEl.jpg

34Gn9M8.jpg

RxBdLSQ.jpg

BqJOVlD.jpg

a9kLGuZ.jpg

pESgnQo.jpg

Brj5QXS.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Very nice T-Dogg! I am very interested in how you like it and how it is switching between the two dot sizes and if you end up with a preference.

I have the same 407C on my M&P 2.0 Compact and would be looking for the K to put on my Shield.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks for the pics and detailed info. Will be interested in the range report. I may have to look into this a bit further. Not sure I'm going to keep my XL, but between it or the X-Compact one of them may end up wearing an optic since they come ready to do so. Seems like the XL would be the cheaper route for me to do something.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    One thing I've noticed with just handling the 407K around the house, it definitely has a "fishbowl" effect to it. I don't necessarily think it's magnification, but more of a distortion. I noticed that slightly with my first gen HS407C sights, but not really seeing that with the gen 2 that I have. Just thought I'd mention that. Time will tell if that actually causes me any issues in the long run.

Top Bottom