• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    One thing I've noticed with just handling the 407K around the house, it definitely has a "fishbowl" effect to it. I don't necessarily think it's magnification, but more of a distortion. I noticed that slightly with my first gen HS407C sights, but not really seeing that with the gen 2 that I have. Just thought I'd mention that. Time will tell if that actually causes me any issues in the long run.

I have heard others mention this. I have to look for it to see it and never notice it while actually shooting. Could be slightly different on mine or I just see slightly different.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have heard others mention this. I have to look for it to see it and never notice it while actually shooting. Could be slightly different on mine or I just see slightly different.
    During live fire yesterday I didn't notice or even think about the fishbowl effect. I'm going to call it a non issue for me at the moment.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If anyone is looking for one, I just found these for sale on ebay for MSRP.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holosun-HS...290724&hash=item5b7ede0956:g:HHoAAOSw0p9ffP8o

Darn you! My wife is going to kill me! JK

So I wasn't planning on doing anything just yet but I have recently decided that my primary carry gun will continue to be my Shield. I'm not really concerned with the number of rounds it holds and if I do get concerned, I'll just start carrying another mag.

I shoot it decent even with a very fuzzy front sight. Red dot will no doubt help that. And it is utterly dependable.

So, what do you guys think? Pull the trigger and order it?

I did look at the RMRCC but feature wise I really like the Holosuns better and it is slightly smaller. And of course less money.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Darn you! My wife is going to kill me! JK

So I wasn't planning on doing anything just yet but I have recently decided that my primary carry gun will continue to be my Shield. I'm not really concerned with the number of rounds it holds and if I do get concerned, I'll just start carrying another mag.

I shoot it decent even with a very fuzzy front sight. Red dot will no doubt help that. And it is utterly dependable.

So, what do you guys think? Pull the trigger and order it?

I did look at the RMRCC but feature wise I really like the Holosuns better and it is slightly smaller. And of course less money.
    If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that when something is in stock, you'd best make your mind up fast. It might not be available later. Product doesn't take days or weeks to come back in stock, it takes months.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If 2020 has taught us anything, it's that when something is in stock, you'd best make your mind up fast. It might not be available later. Product doesn't take days or weeks to come back in stock, it takes months.

I know you just got yours but do you see yourself being happy with it?

I have a 407C on my 2.0 Compact and I like it very much.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I know you just got yours but do you see yourself being happy with it?

I have a 407C on my 2.0 Compact and I like it very much.
    Yes and I plan on practicing with it frequently. The more I practice at home with it, the more I like it and the more naturally the dot is coming onto target for me. I like my Holosuns with the side load battery. I know Trijicon is considered the "gold standard", but I like the direction Holosun has went. And their optics have always performed for me. I like what they offer and I appreciate the reduced price point as well.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    OpticsPlanet has 1 507k with the big buttons not the x2 still in stock. I was skeptical when I ordered but I actually have a shipping notification with tracking number after 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    OpticsPlanet has 1 507k with the big buttons not the x2 still in stock. I was skeptical when I ordered but I actually have a shipping notification with tracking number after 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one ready to ship with my slide to DP for milling. Just need to let the budget reload a little.:)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Follow up. I sold my HS507K without ever mounting it. The single dot was too small and I didn't care for the circle dot.

I am going to change things up a bit. I bought a RMR 6.5 MOA dot for my Compact. I really like it. I may sell the HS407C I had on it or keep it for a back up on my rifle.

When my budget replenishes, I will by the RMRCC with the same size dot for my Shield.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Resurrecting this thread. Anyone seen the 407k x2 in stock anywhere as yet? I see Holosun has changed their page from coming soon on the x2 to show a Where to Buy link, but haven't seen anyone have them in stock as yet.

Been a bit since I was researching these specifically, but interested in one to mount on a 365 XL.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Resurrecting this thread. Anyone seen the 407k x2 in stock anywhere as yet? I see Holosun has changed their page from coming soon on the x2 to show a Where to Buy link, but haven't seen anyone have them in stock as yet.

Been a bit since I was researching these specifically, but interested in one to mount on a 365 XL.

I have not.

Top Bottom