• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...Ruger should have never stopped making them.

Heh, heh. Yeah. The problem was that the manufacturing costs inherent in the design were so high it made it difficult for Ruger to make much money on them.

Thus, the GP100 series was designed to be more efficient/less expensive to produce, while still solid, and thus - profitable. It was a business-model necessitated redesign/refinement.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Heh, heh. Yeah. The problem was that the manufacturing costs inherent in the design were so high it made it difficult for Ruger to make much money on them.

I asked Mr. Fifer, Ruger's CEO, about a special run of Service Sixes and that was the exact answer I received. Got to respect that.

I am a big fan of the Service Six. I own several including a Police Service Six. You should be very pleased with that piece.

My condolences for your loss.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have both a 4 inch Security Six and GP100 along with a 2.25 inch SP101 and Ruger Blackhawk. The Security Six has always been my favorite of all the Ruger .357's...

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Ruger Security-Six 357 magnum: Sturdy, accurate, reliable, easy to field strip and reassemble. I didn't care for the stock grips but with some larger after-market grips it felt great in the hand. Great firearm and a personal favorite.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I've had my 4' stainless Security Six for better than 30+ years. It is built like a tank. My only regret is that a relative took my Mustang grips and gave me a set of Pachmayrs after he borrowed the gun many years ago.

Top Bottom