• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We ended up having to put our last dog down to an unfortunate situation. He became very protective of us and could only be trusted around a hand full of people. He nipped a neighbor, and I had to stop walking him because if people approached me he would get over protective. We took him to the vet to see what they could recommend. They has all sorts of crazy ideas. The straw that broke the camels back was my nephew came over to watch an MMA fight with my sons and I. He had been around the dog before and was good. Not this time, bite him on the hand. It's bleeding pretty good and my nephew was shook up. It's after 9 on a Saturday night, no urgent cares are open. So it's off to the local ER. Three stitches later and a $3,500.00 ER bill. The wife and I talked about it, and made the decision to have him put down. We knew in our hearts it was the right thing to do. But it was not easy. They put 2 IV's in his leg, the one IV is to sedate him, the second to put him down. We held his head in our laps. My wife and I were balling, the vet and vet tech were balling too. About a month after this ordeal we got a card in the mail from the Dean of Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine. The animal hospital where we took him to be put down made a monetary contribution to Purdue's veterinary school in Gunter's name. The water works started all over again. Fast forward to today. Last January we rescued a lab/border collie mix from Giant Paws Print out of Valparaiso. Sophie is a super intelligent, and a sweet loving dog. I still think of Gunter, but everything worked out in the end. Good luck!

Top Bottom