• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    :thumbsup: Cool. There's a chunk of the INGO population that, IMHO, is unreasonable about this "customer is always right" thing.
    I agree! I just want to know what to expect. Hell, if they would have said we will refund your $45 minus 20% restocking fee I would have agreed but would have suggested they modify their policy.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have purchased from Optics Planet many times. I've bought lights, optics, mounts, holsters, alot of stuff. Never had an issue with them and they are in my "check here first" list along with Midway and Primary Arms. I have never needed to return anything though.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had to cancel a optics planet order and us the CC company to get
    mu money back.

i ordered scope. Good price. Good item. In stock ready to ship on the web site.

two days later credit card charge went in on item. 2 weeks and no scope. Email with info and order confirm number. One week noon email no scope so 3 weeks total. Second email and quick response that item back ordered and approximate time to OP 6 to 8 weeks.
    instant email back to uncharge credit card charge and cancle order as it stated on web site in stock ready
    to ship. 3 Days later no return email so I called bank visa number and they took care of it.

called SWFA and they matched price in two days CC was charged and scope shipping tracking number sent to me by email scope in 4
    days of order.

Optics planet lost me and I can understand to a point that a web site is hard to update if an item sells out. To charge me before it ships and then fail to respond back via email or phone is thekick inthe-pants.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have to go with the OP on this issue. Really poor customer service and it only takes one such complaint to keep me away from them. If the Holster is indeed damaged then it was shipped out that way.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I had to cancel a optics planet order and us the CC company to get
    mu money back.

i ordered scope. Good price. Good item. In stock ready to ship on the web site.

two days later credit card charge went in on item. 2 weeks and no scope. Email with info and order confirm number. One week noon email no scope so 3 weeks total. Second email and quick response that item back ordered and approximate time to OP 6 to 8 weeks.
    instant email back to uncharge credit card charge and cancle order as it stated on web site in stock ready
    to ship. 3 Days later no return email so I called bank visa number and they took care of it.

called SWFA and they matched price in two days CC was charged and scope shipping tracking number sent to me by email scope in 4
    days of order.

Optics planet lost me and I can understand to a point that a web site is hard to update if an item sells out. To charge me before it ships and then fail to respond back via email or phone is thekick inthe-pants.
    I think it is unethical to charge ones CC before the item is shipped.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Sent a holster back today to the planet. Crossing fingers my experience is better.

I hope you have better luck than me. If you have issues the managers name is Christopher. This may save you some time on hold. All together my last call took about 45 minutes of which 30 minutes was spent on hold.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I've never been impressed with Optics Planet... Everything they swear is in stock at the time you place an order actually isn't and then they place it on backorder for weeks and weeks. Each time I've have to call my card issuer and have the charge holds reversed.

They just don't seem to have their act together!

I'd rather pay more and know that I'm dealing with a merchant that has what they say in stock and stands behind their customers 100%. I typically only deal with folks like Brownell's, Midway USA, Primary Arms, etc. It may cost me more but I don't have to waste a ton of time on my end to avoid getting ripped off.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Is it just me , but why would you buy a holster from an optics place that youve never tried on or seen in person? I agree that the level of customer service was way less than it should have been. BUT I cant help but wonder why you put yourself in that spot to begin with?! I have ordered things from them and have had success with the goods Ive recieved, all optics or mounts.

Agreed, especially with so many good quality and reputable holser makers out there. This is precisely why I buy from companies like Simply Rugged.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Saw this thread and blanched after I had ordered a Nikon P223 3X32 optic with free Nikon P series mount for my Del-Ton Sport AR from Optics Planet a few days ago.

Items were shipped separately and I was given 2 tracking numbers. Optic arrived yesterday, mount arrived today. Both in superb shape.

Optic and mount for $149.95 was a great deal.

Satisfied customer here.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have purchased several holsters from Optics Planet without an issue. Although I never had a problem, it appears that I've just been lucky to up until now. After reading this, I will look at alternate suppliers in the future.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I ended up going though my CC to take care of this. It will be a couple of billing cycles before I receive final word on this.

On another note, I returned 3 reloading items that I purchased 4-5 months ago from Midway USA. I was in the learning phase of reloading when I purchased them. Each item was unopened and I did not need them. I followed Midway's instruction and returned the items, paying shipping back to Midway and received store credit for the items. Store credit is what I wanted and expected since it was stated in their return policy.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    :thumbsup: Cool. There's a chunk of the INGO population that, IMHO, is unreasonable about this "customer is always right" thing.
    I can't stand that mentality, when I worked in sales I had my own saying "if the customer is always right then why in the hell are they asking me half a dozen questions when they already know every damned thing".

Top Bottom