• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Lousy customer service in a very competitive market, it will cost them.

Doubt it, they have had lousy customer service for YEARS as well as a group of people answering the phone's that know absolutely nothing about optics, but folks still go to them in spite of the countless complaints. They have "name recognition" on their side.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Had a bad experience with Optics Planet over a paypal payment. Since then I placed them in the same league as Cheaper than Dirt. Wont shop at either one ever again.

I have never bought from Cheaper Than Dirt but I have heard a lot of negative comments about them. Plus, they have terrible shipping rates and they price gouge so they won't ever get any of my business. I know some people have had good luck with Optics Planet but I will never spend another dollar with them. I have unsubscribed from their mailing list and will cancel my account as soon as this matter is resolved.

I'll continue to buy local whenever possible.

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Agree with them being a company that you should not purchase from. I ignored your posts and bought a sight for my pistol on Ebay from them. Figured on ebay they would have to have it in stock. About a week after buying it, they emailed me that due to an error they had none in stock. Bull ****----they plain lied. They did credit my Paypal account right after I sent them a nasty email. Moral of the story---listen to your fellow INGO member-----------------------------

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have to agree with the OP that their customer service didn't handle this well. I know I'll hesitate to give them any business myself. Too many other places with good prices and good CS.

I hate it when I don't take my own advice. In my defense, I'm old and had forgotten this thread. I also thought using their Amazon Marketplace storefront would offer me better protection, but it looks like I was wrong.

I ordered a set of Volquartsen laminate wood grips for my Victory 22. I ordered gray, but after close to a month of waiting, the grips I received were a hideous yellow and gray color. The box they came in were clearly marked Yellow. Used the button on Amazon to request a swap, where I keep the grips until they ship the replacement grips to me. Instead, they email me to say I have to return the product before I could get a replacement. Since they were the ones who had screwed up, I expected something besides just a "sorry for any inconvenience, but basically screw you". The last time I had a screwup from Amazon, they told me to keep the original and shipped me my correct order free of charge. It looks like that doesn't extend to marketplace merchants. I'm going to return the grips for (I hope) a full refund and will give them negative feedback. I'm also going to contact Amazon CS and let them know about the problem with their marketplace merchant. OP will definitely be on my list of merchants I'll never buy from again.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    My personal experience with optics planet was not very good. Ordered a scope when it was one sale. The web site did not list it as out of stock. A few weeks later I check the order as it had not arrived. It was on backorder. Called and they said it would be about 6 more weeks. Here is the kicker. My account was already charged 359.00 dollars for scope and shipping.

So so I just calmly called back to optics planet and asked them why I had been charged for an item ordered with in stock on the web site yet placed on backorder. They said it was a normal practice. I then call MasterCard and canceled the payment (or had them) ordered the scope from SWFA for 369.00 free shipping and had it arrive in three days.

Top Bottom