• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    **** them. Boycott and spread the word. Illinois-based, too. They can EAT their inventory and some :poop: too.

Edit: I just unsubscribed from all their emails and told them I refuse to support a company that refuses to support the Second Amendment.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    **** them. Boycott and spread the word. Illinois-based, too. They can EAT their inventory and some :poop: too.

Edit: I just unsubscribed from all their emails and told them I refuse to support a company that refuses to support the Second Amendment.
    They don’t have inventory most likely, I believe they are nothing more than a drop shipper.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Helped a guy figure out how to purchase some gear because they had it in stock and pretty quick shipping.

But not anymore. CTD was gone 100% after SH.

AMF.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Same here. Explained why.... if anyone actually reads them. :dunno:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    When there's smoke, there's often fire. But sometimes - smoke is just smoke. We fully understand how the email featured in the article on The Truth About Guns suggests that we may have made a decision to limit the sales of magazines over 10 rounds due to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Before we go any further, we want to make it clear that our condolences go to the families of all of the victims, and that our hearts go out to a community trying to recover after a senseless event. At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required. In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it. We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in "free" states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It's unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place
    We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why would it matter if they don’t have physical inventory?

Depends on how the law is worded, and I would suppose if there is a question as to the interpretation they intend to be cautious.

Not 100% sure I buy it, but willing to consider it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    When there's smoke, there's often fire. But sometimes - smoke is just smoke. We fully understand how the email featured in the article on The Truth About Guns suggests that we may have made a decision to limit the sales of magazines over 10 rounds due to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Before we go any further, we want to make it clear that our condolences go to the families of all of the victims, and that our hearts go out to a community trying to recover after a senseless event. At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required. In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it. We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in "free" states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It's unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place
    We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can

So i wrote optics planet off a few years ago. Did they offer 12/15/17/20/30/40 round mags prior? Because if they did then this statement is horses**t!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    ATTENTION:
    OPTICS PLANET IS NOT ANTI-GUN. STAND DOWN.

OPTICS PLANET said the reason they can no longer sell mags that have over 10 rounds is because they and a warehouse are located in commie Illinois and because of their commie laws they aren't legaly allowed to. It has nothing to do with Florida.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    OpticsPlanet is in Cook County. Cook county has the following law, and I can see how it might be problematic for OP. It's not restricted to just possession, and it includes selling or transfer of ownership. What I don't know is if this just recently changed, if there was some court decision that internet sales counted, or if OP got a "knock it off" message.

[FONT=&amp]Large-capacity magazine means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than ten rounds, but shall not be construed to include the following:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp](1)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sec. 54-212. - Assault weapons, and large-capacity magazines; sale prohibited; exceptions.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    (a)​
    It shall be unlawful for any person to manufacture, sell, offer or display for sale, give, lend, transfer ownership of, acquire, carry or possess any assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Cook County. This subsection shall not apply to:

[/FONT]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Personally I have not had any issues with OP. They have always stated if something has had a wait and usually how long the wait will be before they take my money. Most things ship very fast with no wait.
    I'm currently waiting for a new adjustable arm brace that was just released and is a pre-order. I agreed to it before I paid. No one else had it in Stock and OP had it cheaper than I found anywhere else. It was marked on sale.
    I've ordered many many items from them and they constantly run sales codes and discounts. I usually never pay more than I could find it for anywhere else.
    Sometimes they are not the cheapest so I order elsewhere. Recently i was purchasing a large item and OP wanted to hit me with $137 or so freight charge. F that! I wasn't gonna buy it but for the hell of it I looked it up on Amazon and got it cheaper and free prime shipping.
    Can't beat that. But usually Amazon is more expensive on the items.

Brownells is usually the one that takes forever and their shipping options usually suck.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    giphy.gif

So what do we do with all the pitchforks? :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow, yeah, same as others, I've used them for a few things. Deleting the bookmark and will see about leaving neg feedback somewhere.

This is foolish of them, IMHO.

ETA:
    Wait.

I just read the article.

It appears that they now take the position that they CAN'T sell hicap mags because they are in Illinois? That's odd.

ETA2:
    Just looked at the ordinance. It appears to have gone into effect in 2013.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom