• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Like was posted upthread.....We won't know what fully happened. Sounds like they do have a warehouse in IL, which could be a legal issue, and it's possible they just received a warning or cease and desist from local LEO. They are in an area that is a bit nutty about things like this.

It's a good enough explanation and apology for the miscommunication for me. I won't write them off for this. They say they stand firm with the 2A, and I believe they do to the best of their ability while being in IL.

Wow, yeah, same as others, I've used them for a few things. Deleting the bookmark and will see about leaving neg feedback somewhere.

This is foolish of them, IMHO.

ETA:
    Wait.

I just read the article.

It appears that they now take the position that they CAN'T sell hicap mags because they are in Illinois? That's odd.

ETA2:
    Just looked at the ordinance. It appears to have gone into effect in 2013.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, Brownell's shipping has been excellent for me. Mostly buying ammo, but really quick shipping, and no issues so far for me.

Ammo is shipped very fast. Parts languish. I ordered some parts for my custom (AllenM) build. I am now 9 days out on the mail. Still states in route.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ammo is shipped very fast. Parts languish. I ordered some parts for my custom (AllenM) build. I am now 9 days out on the mail. Still states in route.

Well that is less than optimal then. I've been using their coupons ($ off and free shipping) when I see good prices on ammo there for the last few months and been extremely pleased. I've only added other items a couple of times.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Hmm i swear my 15rd black dog magazine for my cmmg 22lr upper was purchased from them, but its been a few years for sure. Im gonna have to wait and smell what seems to be a load of something to make sure. The timing does make this appear to be suspect for sure.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I bought a SPotting scope deal from them a couple years ago. Hella deal. Saved like 75 bucks. I don't recall how long it took to get to me...but <shrug>...I won't deal with them again.

But I agree, some will go back to them shortly as they did with CTD and Dicks. It won't matter much in the long run a few avoid them now.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Got a response back from OpticsPlanet.

Thank for you for following up with us!

In the specific case referenced publicly, an outdated template was sent out due to internal miscommunication. It’s unfortunate that a simple mistake has confused and upset so many people. We are working hard on adjusting our processes and communication to be more clear on this issue.

At this point our operations in Illinois include two locations and hundreds of employees. While moving out of state has many costs and difficulties associated with it, it is absolutely something we continually consider, especially in light of the various location-based restrictions placed on our business.

We sincerely appreciate your business and giving us the opportunity to explain, and hope you’ll continue to support us in the future for all the products we can legally offer.

I still think the "legality" issue is a smokescreen.

Top Bottom