• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Weren't we talking about MDA and the Feds watching us in another thread? This OP seems to match that idea given the current climate in regards to online sales.

No insult meant to the OP, just an observation.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    I swear I'm not the Feds. I'm honestly just a new guy who just moved from the communist state of Illinois. Just trying to learn from some people with more experience than I. Plus my friends are getting a bit sick of all the questions

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I swear I'm not the Feds. I'm honestly just a new guy who just moved from the communist state of Illinois. Just trying to learn from some people with more experience than I. Plus my friends are getting a bit sick of all the questions
    He must be clean. If he tries to arrest us now it's entrapment! I heard that in a movie.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I guess I'm asking if anyone has any FFLs that they've had a pleasant experience with and would recommend doing business with

Ed Jozsa with ATP firearms up near Cicero. Incredibly nice and professional guy who is a top notch communicator. Several members of my family have used him now and every transaction has been flawless. Could not recommend him enough.

Send him an email.......I guarantee you'll get a super fast response.

edited to add his actual email: atparmsinfo@gmail.com

He is also a listed and known FFL holder on Gunbroker.

Last edited:

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    USDS are the king, but it is a haul from Fishers. I don't know the xfer fee for Point Blank in Carmel, that's a good outfit but my gut says the fee is going to be way too high.

EDIT:
    Holy moly, $40.00 transfer from Point Blank per their website. Forget that nonsense. Drive to USDS and be happy you did.

I actually just stopped in there last week to ask how much they'd charge for an FFL transfer, and yes its $40. A year or so ago Bob out at Plainfield Shooting Supplies was $25 .

shaneman1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Lebanon, Indiana
    The biggest reason I do business online is cost. I have a small gun shop I do business with on a regular basis. He is real good about price matching for me, and if I buy online he only charges $13 for transfer. I have found it to my advantage, to give the same shop all my business. This helps build a relationship with the dealer.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Hmmph. I know I'm still new, but "the feds are watching" is going to get as old as "the lifetime license is going away".

If they are really involved in this thread, they're drilling a dry hole. All I've seen are folks trying to tell the OP how to do it legally.

A closer recommendation to Fishers would be Grey Wolf in Avon. I've seen positive posts about them, and they're listed with AIM Surplus in a partner program with very fair transfer fees. Should I decide to order anything online requiring a transfer I'll probably be contacting them.

Chris

RoosterJC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Carmel, IN
    when I ordered online, I just googled "FFL" and my zip code, and received a list of FFLs near me. I then made a few calls and found a guy close I could trust, did business and will use him again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Only Black powder guns, and the ATF doesn't consider those firearms!

They still kill a deer pretty dead...

And "antiques", that is, guns with dates before 1899. You can still get a really good Finn captured and reworked Mosin Nagant that's dated before 1899.

And if you a C&R license, you're GTG. :delivery:

Griz99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Carmel
    Awesome does anyone have any good suggestions on solid recommendations for FFLs on the north side?

I have used Pointe Blank in Carmel.. Very accomadating.. They were going to charge $45.00 to clear but waived their fee if you spent $75.00 in their shop. I purchased a 4 extra mags, and 200 rounds of ammo which i needed anyway. They picked up a regular range customer.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    I have used Pointe Blank in Carmel.. Very accomadating.. They were going to charge $45.00 to clear but waived their fee if you spent $75.00 in their shop. I purchased a 4 extra mags, and 200 rounds of ammo which i needed anyway. They picked up a regular range customer.

I really enjoy point blank as well I frequent the Carmel range. Honestly I've been to quite a few of the shops around town and I haven't really been impressed with the customer service. Both point Blank locations have been the only places that have given me apositive customer experience. Smiles from when i walk in to when I walk out, never trying to upsell me when I've made my budget clear, and even suggested places i could go if they didn't have what I needed.

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Only problem I've encountered with them is that overinflated FFL fee. Which I kind of understand they're a chain and don't want to piddle around with people buying from other places

Top Bottom