Our Country And Communities Are Dying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    A lot different than comparing heroin addicts to shoplifters being allowed to openly steal a persons livelihoods without reprocussions.
    Well the title of the thread is dying communities. I'm betting heroin addiction kills a lot more people than shoplifting. Although the initial post was about evil corporations killing communities, which I don't entirely disagree with.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well the title of the thread is dying communities. I'm betting heroin addiction kills a lot more people than shoplifting. Although the initial post was about evil corporations killing communities, which I don't entirely disagree with.
    So are you saying that we did not stay in the well defined lane of the thread title here on INGO?
    Unpossible!
    We should report ourselves upon immediance!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don’t disagree, just seemed like it was used as a counter argument.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I believe my original point has been lost. (Go figure, on INGO? LOL)

The point was that when all the businesses are controlled by those that outside the area it is bad for the community and now with all this globalization, bad for the country.

We need to break up many of these financial conglomerates that own enough to control at monopoly levels. They will strangle our communities and never even have to concern themselves about even hearing about it much less seeing it...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Agree, the point of the National Guard is not to be an all-purpose mandatory labor pool to replace Americans who have been targeted for political retaliation. But it goes to show that these Great Reseters are happy to break everything, and only fix what they want to fix. They don't want to fix this, they want to make it permanent.

And they can go **** themselves straight to ****.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Read an article today that was spot on for this thread.

If you don’t know who John Phipps is, he is hilarious, dry, tongue in cheek, but also puts out some serious stuff sometimes, generally around farming and small community. This quick one page read applies anywhere however.
    I get what he's trying to say but boy does it come off as pro-segregation! And his 'solution' that Americans only unite when sharing a common threat is historically accurate but we just had this century's Pearl Harbor, it's called 9/11, and all it gave us is an invasive surveillance state as well as gutted our constitutional rights. No unity to be found in that crisis!

I've often pondered when watching disaster epics of the killer asteroid genre whether humanity could actually put aside our differences and work in unity against the common threat of extinction. While it's a warm-fuzzy feeling to see a montage of different nations gathered in various iconic global squares staring up at jumbotrons with baited breath, in reality the response would be far more partisan and varied and the global response to climate change is proof of that. Whether you believe the climate change threat is real or not, if it is an actual threat our responses as a species have at best been lackluster and in general more symbolic than substantive. Mostly the loudest public voices touting the crisis are 1%ers whose lifestyle contributes far more to the problem than the rest of us peasants so until I see Al Gore riding public transportation to go spread his inconvenient truth then I have no compunction to change my already frugal-by-comparison lifestyle. And that's the reasoning that makes unity in the face of crisis a fantasy nowadays.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Until we hold these **** bags accountable it will only get closer to you realizing your fears.
    there are severals stores in inner indy that close before six pm because of this type of theft. they get away because prosecutors & judges overlook quality of life crimes so they have escalated to larceny. pretty much like califonia

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Interesting, up til the global warming bit.
    Thought the same thing...
    I honestly read right through that, didn’t even register with me. I guess I liked the first part enough that I ignored the end. It’s almost like he’s making that his main point, which is a pretty bad thing, to compare global warming with Pearl Harbor. Pretty disgusting.
    I’ve noticed a lot of farm journalists are lefties just like other journalists, but they have to hide it pretty well. Sneak it in.

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida

Here's what the death of a nation looks like.

No justice, no peace.
    If crime has no consequence (that is, justice), no citizen can live in peace.
    As the comments show, crime comes from all levels of society, individual, corporate, or erected. The recent Pandora Report lists countless examples of high level theft and general abuse of office and responsibilities. So where does the blame lie? Is the situation correctable?

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida
    Until we hold these **** bags accountable it will only get closer to you realizing your fears.
    ****bags, yes. Accountability, yes. Read what Tombs posted about the life cycle of the community bank, how there is no longer local oversight. Think about how your government representatives, or insurance companies, or any number of ahe

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida
    ****bags, yes. Accountability, yes. Read what Tombs posted about the life cycle of the community bank, how there is no longer local oversight. Think about how your government representatives, or insurance companies, or any number of agents outside of your control can alter your life with a few keystrokes with virtually no accountability. Not a fan of
    the word, but "systemic" best describes the level of greed and selfishness we live in. Dispatching a few shoplifters is like picking scabs off a cancer.

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida
    Realistically the stores just need to close and let the communities die. Want groceries or other items, drive 50 miles. The people elect the leadership that allows the looting.
    This is a good comment. I had been in favor of term limits for elected officials, but an article I found pointed out that there is a mechanism already in place to limit time in office. It's called an election. We need to use this tool more effectively.

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida
    Something else we've been importing from India. I would never have guessed what percentage of OTR truckers are Indian these days, and maybe it's not national but it's *very* prevalent in Indy. Then the support industries as well. Mechanics, trailer storage lots, etc.
    Lots of Sikh truckers.

Fredj317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2015
    Florida
    ****bags, yes. Accountability, yes. Read what *Tombs posted about the life cycle of the community bank, how there is no longer local oversight. Think about how your government representatives, or insurance companies, or any number of ahe
    *Leo, not Tombs, sorry

Top Bottom