• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Was at a gas station by the airport just finishing up getting gas.

Two rappers show up in an older escalade get out of the rear doors and go into the store. Both had what I assumed were Glocks with the 31 round mags in their left pockets. I'm guessing just loose pocket carry by the way they moved around.

Nothing happened but my alert level went up and was gone before they came back out.

Is this a new thing with extended mags and pistols?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I thought the 'stendo sticking out of the pocket had been a thug culture thing for a while. Usually with a G26 or G27.

Lord knows why but it's been "the thing to have" in those circles for as long as I can remember.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Extended mags have always been popular. I worked for a PD outside Memphis 30 years ago and remember seeing a few even then. The availability is just wider now. It’s like BBQ guns to then. they are probably just showboating

Short of a robbery (and they usually don’t park in the parking lot to do it) Unless your involved in the drug culture your more than likely not on their radar

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    But can they accurately fire such a weapon? I doubt it.
    Was at a shooting range with a pal. We had already burned probably 100 rounds so the happy smell of gun smoke was in the air....then the smell of weed filled the range, felt like I was driving around with Cheech. A group of folks had walked in with boxes and ammo and Dracos.these guys took turns dumping mags at a target @ about 30 feet. They hit the white paper more than hit the figure on the paper. Maybe if 3 or 4 lined up shoulder to shoulder they would hit the target just by odds.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Was at a shooting range with a pal. We had already burned probably 100 rounds so the happy smell of gun smoke was in the air....then the smell of weed filled the range, felt like I was driving around with Cheech. A group of folks had walked in with boxes and ammo and Dracos.these guys took turns dumping mags at a target @ about 30 feet. They hit the white paper more than hit the figure on the paper. Maybe if 3 or 4 lined up shoulder to shoulder they would hit the target just by odds.

I was just leaving the range when some dopers were unpacking. They were all laughing uncontrollably. One of them came up to me and asked something about being stung by jellyfish and urinating on each other but I just left them to their festivities.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    It’s not practical to have those extended mags for carry, so that was just show boating.
    I bought a couple 33’s for my 17 just because.
    Ran them both, reloaded them, and have never used them since.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    It’s not practical to have those extended mags for carry, so that was just show boating.
    The only "extra size" mag I've used is a 17 rounder in my Glock 19 duty weapon. It seemed to be the best way to get a few extra rounds w/o looking like a gangsta.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    The only "extra size" mag I've used is a 17 rounder in my Glock 19 duty weapon. It seemed to be the best way to get a few extra rounds w/o looking like a gangsta.
    So many interchangeable mags with full size to compact to subcompact is really nice and efficient.
    Really nice when it’s range time.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I was just leaving the range when some dopers were unpacking. They were all laughing uncontrollably. One of them came up to me and asked something about being stung by jellyfish and urinating on each other but I just left them to their festivities.
    I am 100% on board with legalizing weed. But please people let's not get stoned and head to the range.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Same here.
    I bought 3 of the 33 rounders, shot them once and they're back in the safe.
    Half the fun of owning them is knowing how much the left wingers HATE it! :lmfao:

Top Bottom