• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It's my first match and I have never shot a Texas Star, should I shoot limited for the extra rounds?

This match is going to be challenging for your first one. Small targets everywhere and longer stages. However, I wouldn't change divisions just based on the challenge. IF you get stuck not being able to clear a star (and Brent's little 2" or 3" or whatever plates are challenging), don't let it get to you. Focus on front sight and trigger control. If you've shot at each plate and empty a mag yet haven't cleared them all, you have the option to stuff more ammo in and keep trying or to go ahead and move on to the next part of the course... sometime folks hurt their score by banging away endlessly vs just taking the miss penalties. You need to fire at least once at every target to avoid additional penalties. TX stars are a lot of FUN, don't let them get inside your head before you've even shot one! :)

See you there.

-rvb

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    Well h3ll, I've got 8 mags i can load. I'm sure i can get through knocking every plate down. .........I hope. I'm actually feeling pretty confident about this match, maybe even beat someone that's not a rookie (like that guy two posts up). :):

Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    TE=romack991;5346605]The trick to shooting the star is start from the bottom and work your way up...

:popcorn:[/QUOTE]

For some reason it seems as if your pulling my leg. Common physics tells me knocking the bottom of first will cause a greater spin. :dunno:
    Hopefully I'm not first. :nailbite:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Common physics tells me ...

check out out the big brain on Combsie!
    Samuel-L-Jackson-pulp-fiction-11853.jpg

Hopefully I'm not first. :nailbite:

its tradition to make the new guy go first.

-rvb

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Great, I think I'm going to have to run to the shop and pick up more mags/carriers/mirrors and somehow attach a bench rest to my forearm for going prone:mallninja:style! :runaway:

Don't let anyone scare you. The 3" star is more mental than hard to shoot. The big stars move way more than the small one. Above all just have fun at the match and you will be a star pro by the end of the match!! See you at the range!!

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Delete this post before Brent sees it!!!!!!

You are safe. I just got home from set up. I am not hauling more steel out!!!!:n00b: I will say it looks like fun to shoot it!!! Even if no one shows up we are going to shot the sh#t out of it!!!:shoot:

Top Bottom