You're still a well known hoot
    137915.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    They kick puppies. Yes then they laugh about it.

What is a 1%er?

The motorcycling sense of 1%, comes from a supposed 1948 statement by the American Motorcycle Association that ninety-nine percent of motorcyclists are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

This was following the infamous Holister Riots, where 4000 bikers turned up for a party, everyone had a great time but it was 'spoiled' by 1% of the party goers.

This was then siezed by the OMC (Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs), who proudly started to wear the 1% patch with pride, and continue to do so to this day.

Read more:

What does 1 percent mean to a biker

One Percent
    SONS OF SILENCE MC

:popcorn:

Last edited:

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Thread Jack

I figured I would resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one for this simple question.
    Today me and the wife went down to Newton County for breakfast at a little place in the country known for its biscuits and gravy. Pulling up we saw several Harleys together in the lot. We went in and I noticed a group together. A few of them were wearing colors or patches "Southern Discomfort". They where wearing Invaders support T shirts. They didn't look real approachable to ask a dumb question. I Googled the club name and looked around their Facebook page. It said they are a Invader support club and it had pictures of them with Invaders.
    Also In the past I have worked with Black Pistons that wear Outlaws support shirts and patches on their vests. I know that the Kankakee Black Pistons share the clubhouse with the Outlaws.
    My simple or dumb question is why be a seperate club? Why have a "support club" rather than them actually being part of the main club. If they trust each other enough to hang together and even share the same clubhouse why don't they become one?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They are showing public support to keep other rival clubs at bay. It lets them roll a bit more freely if other clubs know they are affiliated with a larger club. A simple power alliance.
    My brother is bigger than yours so leave me alone.

How was the Biscuits and Gravy????

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    They are showing public support to keep other rival clubs at bay. It lets them roll a bit more freely if other clubs know they are affiliated with a larger club. A simple power alliance.
    My brother is bigger than yours so leave me alone.

How was the Biscuits and Gravy????

Excellent, If you are ever in Newton county I recommend Frankies on Rt.10 about halfway between I-65 and US41.

Top Bottom