Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    This is a natural cause of death? This needs to be investigated

Occupy Bloomington • View topic - Request A Forum
    Re: Request A Forum

by whaaanow » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:43 pm
    I would like a forum called park homless allies. I will propose this working group on Sunday. Today, 11/5, a group discussed the death of a homeless occupier named don who died last night, 11/4. A friend of don's told us that don had a history of alcholism and substance abus. Allegidly, don left the park, drank, and returned in bad shape. His friends tried to help, eventually called an ambulance but it was too late. Don, our hearts are with you. Rest in peace.

This tragic event highlights a problem a number of members voiced early on. Some visitors to the park are homeless with substance abuse or mental challenges. Before the occupation, some of these people had a routine in which they saw caseworkers or were cared for at various social service organizations around town. Now that occupy provides food and shelter, or whatever motiveates thes

whaaanow Posts: 3 Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:23 pm

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Just imagine if the right put as much effort into ending the incestous relationship between Washington and Wall Street as they have put into acting as agent provocateurs for OWS. Sulking around taking pictures, finding the dumbest in the crowd to embarrass on YouTube...all the while business as usual at GM, LB, BS, Citi, Chase....

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    It is nasty, they are dirty and they are mooching off the government and local business'. What a typical Bloomington activity.

The great irony, though (and they have never been good at perceiving irony), is that they couldn't do what they are doing -- they couldn't exist, they couldn't function -- if it were not for the very entities they are so adamantly protesting against.

I fear they wouldn't understand the paradox of their position.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Looks like the group might be cracking..........

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...MjAxMS8xMS8wNi9uZXdzLjYwMjg3OS5zdG8=&start=60

wonder if the post will be up in the morning?

Rescuers unable to revive man at Occupy Bloomington sitean occupier
    Sunday, November 6, 2011: 11:06 pm( I believe )We are not perfect! Our goal to keep the law out of the park hurt us and I must clear my mind. A man died because we wanted to keep thing internal! We were wrong, and with a heavy heart I must fess up.

I just want you all to know one thing. The man that died came back drunk to the tent and we tried to help. In the morning when they checked on him he was not breathing. We knew he had a drinking and drug problem.

We are responsible for not calling for help because we thought our Doctor was good enough. Some of us are having problems dealing with this. His death was not natural. It was our own selfishness that created the condtion that lead to his death.

I am done with this group.

I plead that the cause of death be investigated because it was not natural. We were wrong, selfish and paranoid, and a sick man was allowed to die. ( i believe this)

This has exploded in our faces. The drug, drinking, and other items have worn me out. The drug and drinking st the park is too much, Children at the park are at risk, and those people are under the influence to not be able to protect them. I believe the children are at risk.

If a drug sniffing dog came to the park over half the tents would cause the dog to react.

I'm moving out so that I don't have to be part of future deaths or a serious drug overdose

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Wonder who "our doctor" is?

This guy? (Not really... that's the late Jack Kevorkian. For all the help the guy got from the campers, he might as well have been.)

Kevorkian-edit-021.JPG

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Voice your opinion on this disaster

Bloomington Mayor
    812 349 3406

Bloomington Parks
    812 349 3700

Bloomington Police
    812 339 4477

Monroe County Coroner

Nicole Meyer

812 349 3222

The name of the man that died was Don swank

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Had a meeting in downtown Bloomington this afternoon.

I was shocked to see about 20% tents in the park and about 8 more were in the process of being removed. I thought they were in it for the long haul. The wind also destroyed some of the tarp shelters they had.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Had a meeting in downtown Bloomington this afternoon.

I was shocked to see about 20% tents in the park and about 8 more were in the process of being removed. I thought they were in it for the long haul. The wind also destroyed some of the tarp shelters they had.
    More than 24 hours is "long haul" for many of them.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    I hate this....it pisses me off being a student. I could go off on a rant all day long but its a waste of my breath and effort. I was grabbing Z&C chinese thursday night around 9:30pm as a group of bar-crawlers walked by yelling "We are the 1%".

This town has changed from when I spent time here when I was a kid. Even in the past 4 years being here I have seen some things I dont like. Applying to Purdue and IU for grad school and honestly I wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

Top Bottom