• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kamera

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    My buddy and I have new 5 month old P22's. we both have the exact same problem, we can shoot any .22 thu it if it's not copper. as soon as we shoot a copper bullet it jams, reset slide and fire, reset slide and fire. flip out the mag and put a nother one in with non copper and no problems..?? I cant give you the name of the shells now, I'm not home. but I know i've shot cc mags, and remington coppers and neither work. I'd think that 500 to 1000 rounds it would be worn in by now? Any help or suggestions would be great. I've scanned and scanned the forums and now I'm lost.......
    thanks,

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Some P22s are just a little more finicky than others in regards to function. Keep shooting CCI Raptors or mini-mags through them and see if that helps. It is a little more expensive but they are nice ammo. I think eventually, you'll be able to fire el cheapo bulk pack ammo through it with no problems. If you have that many rounds through your P22, you're just getting started! :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What TWB said...

Get them well broken in with high quality high velocity ammunition first. A few hundred rounds at minimum.

Then try the bulk-pack stuff.

-J-

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have never seen an issue regarding lead nose compared to copper plated ammo, but I have seen a few issues with the grain of the bullet. My p22 eats anything I fead it, but I can tell a difference between some different ammo.

I would try a few boxes of the 40gr. CCI MiniMags and see how they work. I have seen some people that have their gun run fine with the 40gr. MiniMags, but have some malfunctions with the 36gr. MiniMags.

Just my :twocents:

Good luck and I hope you can get it figured out. :ingo:

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    I think you will find that if you stay with 40 grain bullets until your pistol gets broken in, it will work ok with plated, or plane lead ammo. Some of the bulk ammo uses lighter 32 to 36 grain bullets, and therefore is a little short of the needed chamber pressure. As slides smooth up and springs weaken, it most likely will shoot anything that says High Velocity.
    Bill...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another note: The first P22 that I owned SEVERAL years ago, despite being well broken in, didn't like LRN ammo.

Just one of those things, I guess.

-J-

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    I have a mosquito and I had to run about 500 to 1000 rounds of mini mags throughout it first but now it eats anything.

Top Bottom