• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I agree. I especially like the 2 last lines - "children might be the center of their parents' universe, as it should be. But he says they're not the center of everyone else's universe too."

Business should be allowed to sink or swim based on the customers they attract. But then again, I'm the only ex-smoker I know that does not agree with any of the smoking bans.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As a fairly new father, its fine with me. Not everyone wants to hear my little girl - whether she is laughing OR crying. Heck, we avoid "nice" restaurants unless she is having a really good day, anyway!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I agree. I especially like the 2 last lines - "children might be the center of their parents' universe, as it should be. But he says they're not the center of everyone else's universe too."

Business should be allowed to sink or swim based on the customers they attract. But then again, I'm the only ex-smoker I know that does not agree with any of the smoking bans.

Your not the only one Kitty. I know of many ex-smokers who disagree with smoking bans in businesses. The owner of the business should be able to decide what is best for their own business.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I love children or I wouldn't work in the school system. That being said, If I'm out to a nice restaurant and someone elses kids are fighting, running around or throwing a temper tantrum, a responsible parent should remove that child from the situation. However, we don't live in a perfect world. One of my kids threw a fit one time and I was out of there in a flash. They learned PDQ that mom's not messing around!

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Yeah, no big deal. If you have enough clients to support your target market, go for it. Just don't ban sidearms, right???

No, they can have their no firearms sign. I will not eat there and they will loose my business. If enough of the target market leave, they change or die. I can always find another place to eat.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If it wasn't for the parents of today that would rather be their child's "best friends" instead of their parents, this type of thing wouldn't be near as necessary.

My parents were of the "old school" (dad born 1908, mom 1914), and LONG before I had reached the age of 6, I knew better than to act up in public.

If I was sitting in a public place and needed a "reminder", my dad would give me a light pinch to the top of my thigh.
    If I didn't take heed, the pinch got stronger until I did.
    I knew better than to make any noise, cuz I knew I would be going outside and a good spankin' was coming next.
    So I did the wise thing and behaved myself.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Now you know another one. ;) Heck, on some level I want to start again just to **** off the anti-smoking contingent. But that urge is thankfully fleeting and not very strong.

As a parent of two under age 6, I wholeheartedly concur. We went out Saturday night for dinner and were reminded why it had been so long since the last time.
    Difficult to enforce strictly since many parents will lie about the age of their children, but not really my problem.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    If the food is good I'd go. As others have said, too many people that are parents, shouldn't be. It's as if as long as the kids aren't bothering the parents or bleeding, the parents don't care how obnoxious the kids are being.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    This is the best news ever, I hate whiny kids so much, I wish all places had that rule.

If this is successful for these guys, you can bet that more independents will follow. The chain places, don't see that happening. It's not PC enough for the chain places, you may offend someone.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    First off this is just plain W R O N G, I took my son everywhere I went. Parents need to teach their kids how to act civilize when in public. Kids should eat with there parents, the tablet is where the family all gather together. Maybe I'm just a bit old fashion

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would not mind restaurants that allowed crying children, as long as you could punch the parents for not taking there children outside where they belong. But there have been times that I have let a waitress or manager know that the longer I hear children cry or whine, the smaller tips get, in hopes they would do something. I am happy to say that 2 out of 5 times, a Parent was asked to take there kid outside.

Top Bottom