• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I can't stand smoke, but I have to side with owners. If its your place, you should get to make the rules.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    WHEN I see is kids :runaway: :evilangel::crying::tantrum::blahblah::starwars: :lala:
    in restaurants

Parents :whistle::coffee::dunno:

would like to :ar15:
    ^^^^Fixed it for you^^^^^^

If the kids were:popcorn: and not :starwars: I wouldn't care and don't mind them being there but if they are :starwars: then they need to leave or go to places where :starwars: is acceptable as I won't be going there and spending my money.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont see anything about that.If I had my own restaurant I would probably ban other type of people too like loud people, smokers, old people (just for fun lol) and maybe some more.
    That's their right as a business.
    Some restaurants are made for kids, some are not.
    If all parents were good parents you would need to tell them not to bring their young kids.
    I bet they like kids in that restaurants but they had enough of the parents who let them do anything they want.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The problem is a lot of Parents do not know what it means to be a Parent...

Ding, Ding, Ding!! We have a winner! Without this issue the rule would never be needed. However, I agree that the property owners should have the right to make whatever rules they wish. :twocents:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont see anything about that.If I had my own restaurant I would probably ban other type of people too like loud people, smokers, old people (just for fun lol) and maybe some more.

Senior citizens are protected under the same umbrella as minorities. So you won’t be able to ban the “old people”.

I tend to agree with the business owner here. I don’t have any children yet, but I cannot stand parents that allow their children to yell, cry, scream, or run around restaurants. I also am not a fan of parents allowing their children to stand on and face the opposite direction on the seats at booths. Annoys the heck out of me.

This owner should have stated his ban was on parents who could not keep control of their children for an hour while they eat.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    It wouldn't affect me. I would just disguise my child.

Fixed it for you.

This would probably work.

blueboychildfakemustach.jpg

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I agree. I especially like the 2 last lines - "children might be the center of their parents' universe, as it should be. But he says they're not the center of everyone else's universe too."
    Business should be allowed to sink or swim based on the customers they attract. But then again, I'm the only ex-smoker I know that does not agree with any of the smoking bans.
    I agree with you 100% on both points. I can remember going to a restaurant and being asked "Smoking or Non" and replying that I wanted the no children section based on the people in line ahead of me.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish more Restaurants would do this as well.

I can see both sides of the story, I understand why parents would be upset about it. I can also understand how happy other customers would be to not have to deal with annoying kids when they pay for a meal.

The ironic thing is the parents who take the time to complain about stuff like this seem to always be the ones who cant take the time to discipline their kids so they act properly in public. I guess its a symptom of our society, no personal responsibility. It always someone elses fault.

First off this is just plain W R O N G, I took my son everywhere I went. Parents need to teach their kids how to act civilize when in public. Kids should eat with there parents, the tablet is where the family all gather together. Maybe I'm just a bit old fashion

No, old fashioned is eating a meal at home around the table. That is still perfectly acceptable.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I can see both sides of the story, I understand why parents would be upset about it. I can also understand how happy other customers would be to not have to deal with annoying kids when they pay for a meal.

The ironic thing is the parents who take the time to ***** abotu stuff like this seem to always be the ones who cant take the time to discipline their kids so they act properly in public. I guess its a symptom of our society, no personal responsibility. It always someone elses fault.

I have a simple cure for the Problem...

If you want to take your children out in Public and they act out of Your Control, then the rest of the Patrons of whatever establishment you have chosen to annoy get to Kick the Parents Asses.... :D

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have been witness to a child running rampant throughout a restaurant, all the while mommy and daddy were getting their drink on. Mysteriously, said child tripped and fell while passing my table for the fourth time? Mommy and daddy interrupted their drinking long enough to scowl at me and call their demon-spawn back within a couple of feet of their table. At the end of dinner, my waitress produced a bill for $0 with a big smilie face and thank you scribbled on it. If your spawn are brats, you know who you are, feed them at home or at Chuckie Cheeses! If you are a parent with properly behaved children, they are welcome at any restaurant I would eat at!

Robin Hood

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Richmond, IN
    My advice for him would be, "why stop at 6?" It wouldn't bother me if he raised the banned age to about 17. Keep in mind that, as a teacher, I get to listen to teenagers all day every day. The quiet adult conversation would be great.

Top Bottom