40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The savage 24 series are from way back in the day. You will only be able to find one used these days. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a good one in decent shape, but they're hard to come by because they're a nice combo to have.

Here's an example: SAVAGE MODEL 24C SERIES S 20GA. / .22 LR 22 : Single Shot Shotguns at GunBroker.com

You'd think that with the current popularity of prepping and primitive living skills that someone would make something similar again. The current Savage offering is .410. 20ga would be more better!

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok on this note....I know they don't make them but I have been thinking NAA needs to take their mini revolver and put a 16" barrel and folding stock on them...think thin AK style under folder....you would have multiple shot options, 22mag. option for things a little larger and could keep the overall profile short because there is no bolt like the others?

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    :+1:
    Ok on this note....I know they don't make them but I have been thinking NAA needs to take their mini revolver and put a 16" barrel and folding stock on them...think thin AK style under folder....you would have multiple shot options, 22mag. option for things a little larger and could keep the overall profile short because there is no bolt like the others?

Any thoughts on my thoughts?

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    this seems a bit pricey for what it is. even the cricket would be cheaper and easier. seems like more of a "trendy" option.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well at least I am not nuts....on this matter. Does anyone reading this have a NAA 22? If so how is the current barrel attached? I am thinking prototype build!

You may want to look into the new presidential executive action on gunsmith license and requirements. You may not want to do that build you're talking about.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You'd think that with the current popularity of prepping and primitive living skills that someone would make something similar again. The current Savage offering is .410. 20ga would be more better!

I couldn't agree more. Right now people will pay close to $700 for a springfield M6 scout, and while it's a fine gun, it's not worth that. The Chiappa isn't an option if you want a real quality gun, and the savage is almost there except for the stinking plastic sights and even that gun is $400.

Personally, I'd like to see Ruger, Marlin, Winchester, and all of the major manufacturers try to take their existing semi auto 22's and make a lightweight pack guns version of what's already out there and proven. The take down models are usually the same size as the full sized guns, just broken in half. I'd like to see something thinned down, and packable at 3# or less weight. It's possible, just needs to be done. If it were up to me, I'd like to see it done with the marlin model 60.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    You may want to look into the new presidential executive action on gunsmith license and requirements. You may not want to do that build you're talking about.

Ohhh well crap. Not sure I want the headache or butt hurt to look into it.

You mean the good old days of you can make a pistol into a rifle but not the other way are over?

Top Bottom