Packing a firearm at the Family Reunion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Same at our church. Our pastor actually advocates to be armed while in church. He prefers no long guns and would prefer concealed carry but open carry is fine with him as well. In all I'd say over 60% carry a firearm to church.

My Pastor stands in the pulpit every Sunday with a firearm on his side. He is also a Chaplin for the local Sheriffs Dept. I am head of the security team at my church (Don’t be too impressed there are only three of us) and we don’t specifically ask anyone to carry that’s not on the team and has qualified due to liability issues. We probably have 8-10 carrying on every Sunday.

We don't have quite the number. I'd say we are closer to a 25-30% carry rate. Our pastor advocates it, but he wants us all to be concealed. He carries sometimes, but I don't think he does in church.

We have a three man security team also and they are the one that are officially authorized by the church to handle any situation. The rest of us are more of an emergency measure. Our assistant pastor is the Chaplin for one of the local Sheriff's offices too. Our youth pastor is also a police officer.

ccityguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2014
    Columbia City
    Always carry at family events. At my own house, it's a variety of whatever I feel like, open carry full-size. Had a CZ ShadowII with the aluminum blue grips at the last family BBQ, just because. At others places, S&W BG380 or Ruger EC9S, concealed or tucked under the shirt on my belt. Pretty much everyone carries though in my and my wifes family and is not a big deal. Even the few lefties are OK with it.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I usually carry about everywhere I go, I had a Glock in a iwb holster at a family party once, was asked by my grandma not to carry around them anymore. It slipped out of my shirt when I bent down to talk to my kid. And open carried in a owb holster at a Christmas get together, my far left uncle decided it was the worst thing humanly possible, haven’t been invited back and don’t care to go.

soupergenius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Twenty years ago I was the only one who would CC to family gatherings. Now 80% of the men and 50% of the women CC at every get together. The kids keep bugging me 'when will you buy me my gun daddy'.....I love America.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Carry everywhere. Reunion. Supermarket. Mall. Restaurant. Friend's place. Etc. Etc.

A gun at home is useless if you're at the barbecue and something happens.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I cannot remember a family gathering that I was not carrying at. Most are not gun people so I just CC in situations like that. I carry anywhere it’s legal and the only real issue is whether or not to put any real effort into concealment.

There are times when I’ll go to pocket carry if it’s a very gun-unfriendly place but there will be a gun or two on me unless it’s illegal to do so.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Last family reunion on my mom's side of the family I know out of the 40+ that was there, at least 10 was, including me. We've had discussions about this before. We try to rotate who is and is not eating
    to make sure hands are free.

Top Bottom