Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That family is truly dysfunctional.

Yep.

"incompatibility of temperament"

I'm going to blatantly take sides.

Todd wanted a normal "Alaska" life (as contrasted to a normal life anywhere else)...and she wanted to be crazy (take a "normal" 55 year old woman crazy with crazy multipliers for: beauty pageant participant, local newscaster, politician and reality TV star).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Incompatibility of temperament" is code for that ***** is crazy. There's only so much a man can take.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I like her, I like him, and I hate to see them going through a divorce....

I only remember them from parts of the presidential campaign and I liked what I saw. Never really followed them after that, I think now I would probably be less interested.

Divorce is never pleasant, and in this case I think it's going to be grist for the big media mill.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    From what I know of Ms. Palin, I like her; but I know little.

I am reminded of the old saying my uncle brought up from time to time.

"For every beautiful woman, there is a man out there that got tired of putting up with her ****."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw this hitting the other day. Though my impression of Gov. Palin has dimmed a bit from the days she hit the scene (during McCain's run), I still like her and am saddened to hear this news. I'm sure there's much more to the story and I'm sure we'll eventually hear/read about it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The way I have viewed Sarah Palin almost from the start is that she’s a pretender. Like Trump in a way. She knows how to play the people she’s in front of, to espouse their identity, their values, priorities, and even morals. She’s artificial. That probably sounds like a really harsh opinion to those of you who hold her in high regard. It’s just how I read her. I think she’s a fraud, and the person she’s impersonating isn’t the person she actually is.

It’s quite possible I’m misreading her. But I trust my instincts because I rarely err on that side if it. If I read someone wrong it’s usually because I was fooled by them too, and not because I read some things that weren’t there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IDK, this was Palin in 2006

I am a conservative Republican, a firm believer in free market capitalism. A free market system allows all parties to compete, which ensures the best and most competitive project emerges, and ensures a fair, democratic process.

And the governorship and the skew of the legislature have been just about evenly split since it became a state, so I would expect its elections to be competitive. Nor do I think McCain would have chosen someone who only talked the walk (although he may indeed have deliberately chosen a woman)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The way I have viewed Sarah Palin almost from the start is that she’s a pretender. Like Trump in a way. She knows how to play the people she’s in front of, to espouse their identity, their values, priorities, and even morals. She’s artificial. That probably sounds like a really harsh opinion to those of you who hold her in high regard. It’s just how I read her. I think she’s a fraud, and the person she’s impersonating isn’t the person she actually is.

It’s quite possible I’m misreading her. But I trust my instincts because I rarely err on that side if it. If I read someone wrong it’s usually because I was fooled by them too, and not because I read some things that weren’t there.

I think you could say the same thing about all modern leadership and be close to the mark.

Always follow the money

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know about what her beliefs are down deep inside....what I do know is that all women get crazier between about 43 and 63. Some to a greater extent, some to a lesser extent. These are the same ages when men are simultaneously calming down from raging combativeness...but getting crotchety and surly as all get out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know about what her beliefs are down deep inside....what I do know is that all women get crazier between about 43 and 63. Some to a greater extent, some to a lesser extent. These are the same ages when men are simultaneously calming down from raging combativeness...but getting crotchety and surly as all get out.

Great. :rolleyes:

Just when she's calmed down, it goes back to crazy?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Great. :rolleyes:

Just when she's calmed down, it goes back to crazy?

It's a different kind of crazy. It involves irrational fears, mood swings that make the 30s look like stability, overuse of both the furnace and A/C, sharing nonsense memes about how much she loves her children/grandchildren, and frequent pumpkin spice benders.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My dad flew them around during the "campaign" some. Todd was great and down to earth according to him. Sarah not so much.

Todd seemed like grounded guy. A guy that just want a hot wife, some kids, and no drama. Sarah was like, "let me ruin your dreams."

Top Bottom