• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanngiost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2019
    South Bend
    I think that "their house/their rules," is how this thing is going to go unfortunately. If they have been getting petitioned by people for years now I don't think one more drop in the bucket is going to tip their scale. At this point I don,t have much desire to jump through hoops so that I can receive an order from them, if they don't care enough about me to follow state law then I have no desire to give them my business.

In regards to the 5% restock fee, I feel I have a very strong case against paying this. The language in their magazine ship policy clearly says: " Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee. " If the language read "Customers ordering magazines that are against PSA policy to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee. " I would potentially be forced to pay it. But seeing as it is entirely legal to purchase 30rd mags anywhere in Indiana, they have no legal basis to charge me the fee.

Last edited:

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    ...In regards to the 5% restock fee, I feel I have a very strong case against paying this. The language in their magazine ship policy clearly says: " Customers ordering magazines that are illegal to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee. " If the language read "Customers ordering magazines that are against PSA policy to own in their state will have their orders cancelled and will be charged a 5% restocking fee. " I would potentially be forced to pay it. But seeing as it is entirely legal to purchase 30rd mags anywhere in Indiana, they have no legal basis to charge me the fee.

I'm not a lawyer nor have I ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I agree with you and wonder why you wouldn't take this up with whoever your card issuer is if PSA does ultimately charge the 5%?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't get this AT ALL. The OP is complaining that the company is willing to lose his business, and he doesn't like that? The company is suffering harm to have their personal policy. Why not just move on and buy from someone who actually *wants* your business?

It's not like PSA is the only one with magazine deals....

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    It's their store and they can pretty much do what they want. Leave it alone and go elsewhere. PSA is not the only game around. What kind of deal were you getting?

Tanngiost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2019
    South Bend
    I don't get this AT ALL. The OP is complaining that the company is willing to lose his business, and he doesn't like that? The company is suffering harm to have their personal policy. Why not just move on and buy from someone who actually *wants* your business?

It became for me a matter of principal (and stubbornness) for me, and as well, I felt I could appeal the policy well enough to perhaps get them to at least take a look at it. I don't like that decades old law is potentially restricting what I can and can't have.

Regardless, I received a reply today from Jordan and he completely ignored everything I said except for the part about accepting the refund, however they are not charging me the 5% restock. So hard to be that mad about it in the end. I'll just buy elsewhere and recommend that people avoid PSA.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

I'm guessing the OP is baking his cake, like you said it seems easier to spend his money where its appreciated.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Since I don't live in California, I am uncertain on the facts...But didn't PSA sell 30-round mags to CA residents a while back when the mag ban was declared unconstitutional for a week?

"Ruger Firearms announced it was releasing its entire inventory. South Carolina-based Palmetto State Armory announced in a Facebook ad that it was 'prepared to send a whole lot of freedom to our friends in California,' but warned of delays due to high demand."

That quote is from this article:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...plus-extended-magazines-flood-California.html

Their Store, Their Rules. Doesn't make much sense to me.

OH, and Follow The Money

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    My advice would be. Next time you want to order mags. Double your order and have it sent to my house. I'll take half as a delivery fee and bring you yours.

Min order of 60 required. ;)

cornbelt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Vincennes
    If they are afraid of a lawsuit, they will probably need to get sued for not selling the mags before they change their policy. Sometimes ignorance+authority=stupidity.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If they are afraid of a lawsuit, they will probably need to get sued for not selling the mags before they change their policy. Sometimes ignorance+authority=stupidity.

This ^^^

Maybe a small claims filing against them.

Forces them to acknowledge state law and adhere to it.

Just a thought, cheapest way to force their hand, plus it makes them expend money to try and defend themselves against a law they are trying to enforce
    that was over ridden by Indiana's preemption law.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This ^^^

Maybe a small claims filing against them.

Forces them to acknowledge state law and adhere to it.

Just a thought, cheapest way to force their hand, plus it makes them expend money to try and defend themselves against a law they are trying to enforce
    that was over ridden by Indiana's preemption law.

So you are suggesting to sue a private business for not doing business with you, and it is not because of being a member of some protected class that the private business is blatantly discriminating against? Uhm, ok. Or are you suggesting suing South Bend?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...mendment/71535-south-bend-11.html#post4627599

As you can see, I did the research for Palmetto, sent them a letter, and requested to speak with anyone in their company that I needed to in order to correct the mistake. The part of the letter I did not reproduce was the part where I explained who I was and my qualifications to state what I stated in the letter.

I received no contact back.

I can only conclude that they do not care about South Bend, have no lawyer of their own to consult...or if they do, that person is an idiot.

Top Bottom