Monroe County
    Ef0g33U.gif

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    So far no one seems to be running towards the exits, add a little smoke and flames and that will change, I bought a case of 9mm and .40 the day after Las Vegas in Oct 17 from SGAMMO.com, and 3/4 of both cases are left.

I will sell if stuff gets crazy this time.

I was deployed during Sandy Hook, and couldn't do diddly.

Will just have to watch and see but if your waiting for a certain date and time to buy, that time was a minute ago.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I will admit to buying a few cases of .22 lately, but that was mostly due to just picking up an Anschutz .22 bolt action rifle and needing some rounds to put through it... ;)

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I have a history of panic selling, and then restocking after the panic. I think I will just hold pat this time. I don't think prices will jump enough to make it worth it.

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    I treat my firearm related purchases as I do my investments. I purchase steady over time and do not panic buy. Make regular monthly purchase and you will end up with a nice nest egg (both in your investment portfolio and your safe/reloading bench).

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Now that our self-anointed betters are in a headlong rush to tell us tens of millions of unwashed (but otherwise law abiding) rubes that we can't be trusted with anything more scary than single-shot .22 rifles, are folks out there stocking up on anything in particular? Are we about to see a return to the dark days post-Sandy Hook where .22 ammo verges on unobtanium and ARs are priced at 3 times what they are now?

Is anyone going out to stock up on a few extra "evil" hi-caps, just in case? Bump stocks? Binary triggers? ARs?

I'm trying to resist the temptation, because panic buying and hoarding ultimately hurts all of us, but I have to admit, I've been giving it some thought....

If you're gonna panic buy, you need to tell us so.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I really hate the anti panic buyers...
    If I tell the wife, well I was thinking about getting another AR... she says, don’t you already have several of those? Then I say, I know, but we are in the middle of a panic and the prices will going up or I will never be able to buy another one... or something. So then she says, well you better hurry up and get it then. Of course I respond with, yes dear.
    so no more negativism.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'm not panic buying... no extra funds at this time :(
    But, I will say that the youth that have remained vocal and in the spotlight are getting a lot of attention, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some small movement (not majority numbers at this point) towards a new "assault weapons ban" or something similar.
    I certainly hope that's not the case, and it would take a few big changes in numbers during midterm elections and in 2020 also... but not impossible.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most of the guns I look at are old, but the price keeps going up steadily. Might pick up a few more sleeves of primers.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Now that our self-anointed betters are in a headlong rush to tell us tens of millions of unwashed (but otherwise law abiding) rubes that we can't be trusted with anything more scary than single-shot .22 rifles, are folks out there stocking up on anything in particular? Are we about to see a return to the dark days post-Sandy Hook where .22 ammo verges on unobtanium and ARs are priced at 3 times what they are now?

Is anyone going out to stock up on a few extra "evil" hi-caps, just in case? Bump stocks? Binary triggers? ARs?

I'm trying to resist the temptation, because panic buying and hoarding ultimately hurts all of us, but I have to admit, I've been giving it some thought....
    I hear you but I dont think its going to hit 2012/2013 levels just yet. Most of the talk seems centered around mental health and not full on bans and mag limits....yet

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Stopped at ZX the other day and asked about Anderson stripped lowers. Showed in stock on the website for $49.99. Asked sales person and was told sure we have them, $54.99 each. I commented on the price and the reply was, "Yah, due to the current situation of things". Gouging is prettymuch instantaneous.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Stopped at ZX the other day and asked about Anderson stripped lowers. Showed in stock on the website for $49.99. Asked sales person and was told sure we have them, $54.99 each. I commented on the price and the reply was, "Yah, due to the current situation of things". Gouging is prettymuch instantaneous.

This is so true. I'm convinced that most of the threads like are hoping to insitigate a panic or prompt people to go out and buy stuff. I mean the market has been flooded for well over a year so I'm supposed to believe that know I need to run out and buy buy buy.
    There has been a rifle on another forum that I've been watching. The guy has been trying to sell it for at least six months. He lowered it a bit over time but not much. I looked the other day and he raised it $100. I guess time will tell which one of us is the fool.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Anyone want to buy a FrankenAR for 2x what I built it for, PM me. I hear you can't buy them anymore. So get it while you can. First cash in hand gets it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Screw ZX. I have nothing good to say about them. Dealt with them in the past, and did not like them one bit. Trying to make an extra buck off of a tragedy sounds like the kind of crap they'd pull.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Do not plan on really buying much personally, maybe another 10 Lancer mags, I already have my rifle (more or a handgun guy myself). I plan on purchasing several more CZ Tactical Sport Magazines however just in case a magazine restriction is put into place.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I feel as if I am short on .38, .357, and .45. I have limited stock, but I don't shoot them very often. I have lots of 9mm, .380, and .223/5.56 because I shoot them a bunch. I probably will not purchase any new guns, but I want to get another Anderson receiver set to put back. I have lots of Glock and AR mags, so no panic there.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I treat my firearm related purchases as I do my investments. I purchase steady over time and do not panic buy. Make regular monthly purchase and you will end up with a nice nest egg (both in your investment portfolio and your safe/reloading bench).

I really hate the anti panic buyers...
    If I tell the wife, well I was thinking about getting another AR... she says, don’t you already have several of those? Then I say, I know, but we are in the middle of a panic and the prices will going up or I will never be able to buy another one... or something. So then she says, well you better hurry up and get it then. Of course I respond with, yes dear.
    so no more negativism.

Too bad my wife doesn't see it as an investment. All she sees it as you keep buying too many guns and reloading supplies.

I have probably 4-5k ss109 pulls to work up a load with and for investment in case the whole ban green tip comes up again. As long as i can keep getting them for 85-90 per 1k shipped I will continue to buy.

I believe in the a sucker is born every minute philosophy. If you haven't learned by now to have a good supply to last a while you have to suck it up and pay the inflated prices.

Top Bottom