• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    That you worry about having to get a belt to hold your pants up when the IWB isn't taking up space is worrying.

-#1: Get a GUN belt. Daltech and Bigfoot both make excellent product here in Indiana. A good gun belt makes a world of difference with any pair of pants.
    -Yes, if you are going to carry IWB, shop for pants with the gun and holster. There's more than just the diameter of the waist to worry about, things like if the belt loops work with your holster placement or if the pockets don't play nice with it.
    -I have the same pants/shorts and belt IWB, OWB, or without a gun. So I guess everything is sized for IWB. I just cinch the belt a hole tighter without IWB.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I wear size 36 waist and it all depends on the brand but I usually have to buy 38 to accommodate my IWB holsters. I just make sure to carry my setup if I'm out buying pants

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That you worry about having to get a belt to hold your pants up when the IWB isn't taking up space is worrying.

-#1: Get a GUN belt. Daltech and Bigfoot both make excellent product here in Indiana. A good gun belt makes a world of difference with any pair of pants.
    -Yes, if you are going to carry IWB, shop for pants with the gun and holster. There's more than just the diameter of the waist to worry about, things like if the belt loops work with your holster placement or if the pockets don't play nice with it.
    -I have the same pants/shorts and belt IWB, OWB, or without a gun. So I guess everything is sized for IWB. I just cinch the belt a hole tighter without IWB.

Agreed 100%. I definitely buy pants that fit the carry setup, and have tried on clothes with it to make sure things work. I wear my gun belt even with cargo shorts, etc.

To not do so would be like buying clothes that would not let you carry your cell phone or car keys. It's part of the every day gear that has to be accommodated.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    #1: Get a GUN belt. Daltech and Bigfoot both make excellent product here in Indiana. A good gun belt makes a world of difference with any pair of pants.
    Yes, if you are going to carry IWB, shop for pants with the gun and holster. There's more than just the diameter of the waist to worry about, things like if the belt loops work with your holster placement or if the pockets don't play nice with it.
    I have the same pants/shorts and belt IWB, OWB, or without a gun. So I guess everything is sized for IWB. I just cinch the belt a hole tighter without IWB.

I've found that I don't care for IWB carry, so OWB is how I carry...RH, 4:00 position, with usually a shirt, pullover, or jacket/vest over it!
    Pants...I've lost weight and still wear the same size as comfort is everything to me as I get older!
    Belt...that's the key to a carry rig of any type as it holds / carries everything securely and keeps everything in place.
    I usually have 2-3 good gun belts around, in 1 3/4" that are double-thick and with a good buckle...really helps to keep things in their place!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If you decide to carry IWB, do you put on pants that are 1-2 sizes bigger than your waist? Does that mean shopping for pants with your IWB to get the right fit?

And is there a separate wardrobe for IWB versus OWB? Seems like a big pain---all your pants are 1 or 2 sizes too large and you have to wear belts all the time.

I wear 40 normally and I had to go to 42 for my iwb carry. Don't forget to get a longer belt too. I'm always carrying. If I go to Dr or post office or some other place that doesn't allow carry the holster stays on the gun stays in car/truck.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't buy a larger waist size and I carry and train pretty much exclusively IWB. Agree with the folks calling out the importance of a quality belt. Before I bought a legit gun belt, I had to pull my belt pretty tight to keep my holster where I wanted it but going to a purpose built gun belt was a night and day difference for me.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    I carry IWB and don't really alter my pant size. Then again, I usually wear the police-type kahkis like 5.11s, and they've got some stretch built into the waistband.
    Good belt, always. I like the Midway USA concealed carry leather belt.

Glock1230

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2020
    Hamilton County
    I don't have separate pants for IWB or OWB. I just buy my pants two inches bigger around the waist. I also rarely ever carry OWB, unless im doing a specific training class.

People who embrace the lifestyle of carrying a gun everyday have to buy new pants-thats pretty much how it works.

Top Bottom