• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    hey guys i'm writing a paper on carrying a handgun for self defense and i need some stats if you all know some (from good sources) saying that there are more crimes caused from people without LTCH then ones that do have them. i know there out there just didn't know if anyone here has some links saved.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Also, look up the american rifleman... If you are in the NRA or not its a good read. They have a column in there that is comprised of stories of ordinary citizens carrying firearms, stopping crime and saving lives aka Kicking a$$ and taking names.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I think FL and TX both publish statistics regarding the crime rate of people with CCW permits.

I think you will find in any state that the crime rate of people with CCW (or LTCH here in IN) will be far lower than the general population.

In Indy, I would hazard a guess that it will also be far lower than the LEO crime rate. Not intended as a bash on cops, just saying that LTCH holders as a rule commit very, very few crimes.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Also it might be interesting to look at another set of statisctics:

Injury and death rates of shooting sports participants, as compared to other sports are much lower.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So there you go; 0.2612% of crimes (appears that these are just the felonies) in Texas are committed by people with concealed handgun licenses. That's 1 out of every 383 felony convictions.

It would be interesting to see how many of those convicted were repeat felons.

These are interesting. I wonder what it means?

UNL CARRYING WEAPON 3,738 29 0.7758%
    UNL CARRY HANDGUN LIC HOLDER 15 9 60.0000%

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    John Lott wrote the book "More Guns, Less Crime." His research, along with Kleck, Mustard, and others, played a substantial role in the advancement of states issuing "right to carry" permits.

Here is his website, and he is good at returning messages:
    John Lott's Website

Top Bottom