• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I can’t say I’m not disappointed. I wanted to hear, “yeah. That was me in the video. It looked worse than it was. Thankfully I was wearing a cup.”

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    President of France wants fuel prices high to discourage driving in order to prevent “climate change”.
    The revenue is not needed or budgeted but will go to eco projects to reduce the pollution.
    This will save the world from France’s hard 35 hour Work week two hour lunches and paid leave for stuff.

Please do not get confused the protesters are not “Nationalist” they are members of a global society that just happen to live in France.

Note: Europe is lost!

I don't know anyone who only works 35 hours a week, and I never had a two hours lunch break.

70% of French workers work over 35 hours a week.
    Just like in the US where the standard work week is 40 hours (I think) many Americans work more than that.
    I think at least half of French workers work over 40 hours a week.

You have to be a civil servant to work that little with big lunch breaks.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I can’t say I’m not disappointed. I wanted to hear, “yeah. That was me in the video. It looked worse than it was. Thankfully I was wearing a cup.”

Sorry, I have not been hit in the groin by a 40mm rubber ball ... but the weekened is not over yet.

I keep you posted if it happens.

Police units have recently been issued with EOTech sights for better accuracy, they only used iron sights before ... so it's now easier to make groin shots I imagine.

Image-1024-1024-251762.jpg

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Thank you for the assessment Sylvain. It is always good to hear from someone local that knows what is really going on. Our media outlets always sensationalize news to get better ratings .

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thank you for the assessment Sylvain. It is always good to hear from someone local that knows what is really going on. Our media outlets always sensationalize news to get better ratings .

There's more violence during soccer games in France.
    A few months ago when France won the World Cup you had the same kind of behaviour with folks destroying cars and burning trash cans ... and France won.Go figure.

Stores, restaurants and museums were open as usual right next where the "rioting" happened.

It's nothing like the Ferguson riots in the US where you had curfews and such.

Most of the day you had folks peacefully protesting on the Champs Elysées.

des-gilets-jaunes-avaient-defile-sur-les-champs-elysees_4285504_540x271p.jpg

But on TV you mostly saw this ...

7795694979_des-manifestants-portant-des-gilets-jaunes-sur-les-champs-elysees-le-24-novembre-2018.jpg

It's when some protesters (a group of 200 out of the 8,000 or so who showed up) refused to leave the Champs Elysées that cops used tear gas and water cannons.

Where I live we had some "yellow vests" protests also.Protesters blocked highways and roundabouts but without any violence.
    Cops stood there (also wearing yellow high visibiliy vests) to make sure that they didn't block traffic too much.

manifestation-des-gilets-jaunes-sur-la-rn-165_4286916_772x434p.jpg

Our local protesters also had set stuff on fire on the side of the road but only to cook food and stay warm.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I don't know anyone who only works 35 hours a week, and I never had a two hours lunch break.

70% of French workers work over 35 hours a week.
    Just like in the US where the standard work week is 40 hours (I think) many Americans work more than that.
    I think at least half of French workers work over 40 hours a week.

You have to be a civil servant to work that little with big lunch breaks.

It is nice to have some truth make an appearance. Stereotypes are strong about France. I was told how rude everyone is in Paris, but when I went there, I found quite the opposite, pretty much everywhere. I look forward to returning for another visit.

Btw, Normandy was my absolute favorite part of the visit. Beautiful country up there!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Sylvain has to show up with actual facts from France and ruin my conspiracy ideas!

So much for my theory of the “2nd French revolution” I was waiting patiently for the crowd to break out the guillotine!

I overheard on CNN the vest are required saftey equipment for motorists in France so they are wearing them as a sign of protest?

So I had a mental picture of Sylvain taking a rubber ball to the n#&’s while charging the police. Kinda like on a painting when the patriots stormed the Bastille?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain what's with everyone being required to have those vests? That seems pretty dumb, unless you make the vests.

It's like the in most EU countries.In some EU countries a first aid kit and a fire extinguiser (like in Belgium) is also required by law.

It's not dumb when you have to change a tire at night on the side of the road.

You are not require to wear those as a pedestrian obviously.It just has become a symbol of protest for drivers who complain about gas taxes.

People are placing their yellow vest on their dash board to show their support to the movement.And they wear the vest during protests.
    But it's not required by law.

I have two in the car, never had to wear them but you can get a ticket if you don't have them.
    You usually have to be pretty rude to the cops to get to the point when they ask you if you have your yellow vest.
    You need to be able to reach for it from the driver's seat.

You can find "EU car kits" to legally travel in all EU countries.
    Some countries like Spain require you to have two vests and two red triangles in the car I think.In France it's just one yellow vest for the driver, but it's advised to have one for each passenger.

3307811007182.jpg

They probably sold a lot more vests in the last few weeks.

In Spain prostitutes are required to wear yellow vests when they work next to a road btw ...
    I guess it makes it easier for clients to find them also.

310x190_prostituees-catalanes-contraintes-porter-gilet-jaune-exercer-bord-autoroute.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sylvain what's with everyone being required to have those vests? That seems pretty dumb, unless you make the vests.

Well. Yeah. I was wondering that too. Like, meh, burn stuff, riot, whatever. It's just "protests"...as long as you wear a yellow vest.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain has to show up with actual facts from France and ruin my conspiracy ideas!

So much for my theory of the “2nd French revolution” I was waiting patiently for the crowd to break out the guillotine!

I overheard on CNN the vest are required saftey equipment for motorists in France so they are wearing them as a sign of protest?

So I had a mental picture of Sylvain taking a rubber ball to the n#&’s while charging the police. Kinda like on a painting when the patriots stormed the Bastille?

For once they are actually right.

What's with everyone wanting me to get shot in the nuts?! :faint:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For once they are actually right.

What's with everyone wanting me to get shot in the nuts?! :faint:

Well, it's not that we want you to get shot in the nuts, per se. It would just be less boring if you were the dude in that video standing...er, uh...hunching over, for liberty.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well. Yeah. I was wondering that too. Like, meh, burn stuff, riot, whatever. It's just "protests"...as long as you wear a yellow vest.

It's a bit like that for some people, they think they can block traffic and do whatever they want because they are wearing their yellow vests.
    The other day I had two folks wearing yellow vests standing in the middle of the street, they wanted to block my car.
    They eventually had to move out of the way when they noticed I wasn't going to stop.

[video=youtube;KrQBvUCENes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrQBvUCENes[/video]

I think two people already died, ran over by cars.
    Hundreds go injured in fights with motorists.
    I think a guy pulled a gun a few days ago when people tried to block him.
    Another drunk driver, part of the yellow vest movement ,crashed his car into a group of protesters.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, it's not that we want you to get shot in the nuts, per se. It would just be less boring if you were the dude in that video standing...er, uh...hunching over, for liberty.
    Take a nut shot for liberty!

Top Bottom