Parkland Student Kyle Kashuv Subjected To Intimidation By School Admins & Police

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kyle has been remarkably clear-spoken and level-headed for a teenager throughout the entire thing. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, myself.

I'm actually pretty impressed with him. Other than the one twitter incident, I think he's carried himself pretty well.

One other thing I'd like to add on the subject, as impressed as I am with this kid, I don't want to put him on a pedestal like the left has done with the anti-gun kids. They all have a hell of a lot to learn about life before anyone should think about relinquishing the future to them. The Leftists act like they're ready to hand over Congress to them, presumably because they're parroting the right lines.

But Kashuv has shown more maturity, and appears to have a more reasoned head on his shoulders than Hogg, and the rest of the anti-gun students. Plus, I don't get the feeling that Kashuv is exploiting his new found notoriety in the same self-centered way that Hogg is. Kashuv has challenged Hogg on twitter to debate him, but of course that hasn't happened. I think if they did debate, it would most likely look like Kashuv talking about statistics and facts, and Hogg making emotional appeals and insults and claiming Kushuv has the blood of all his classmates on his hands.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Since for the moment all we have is the reputation of a teen age school kid versus the Broward County Sheriff's Office? Boy that's a tough one. I mean, the kid didn't say the officers were hiding behind a desk when they were questioning him, so, yeah, fishy.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    A little. I've followed him on twitter since he first started speaking out shortly after the shooting. I remember in the weeks after the shooting, he kinda embellished some stuff on twitter regarding Hogg. Don't get me wrong. I think he's a decent kid with at least ostensibly better character than his counterpart. I'm not doubting what he said is exactly true. I'm just saying that I'm not going to react to it as if I'm sure it happened exactly as he related it until there is some better confirmation. I saw where he posted the hall pass. And that's a good start. But I was pretty sure he was indeed called to the security office. It's what happened in the security office that I'd like better confirmation of, if that's even possible.

That said, his story is something I *could* believe. It appears within the character of that department.

Let's start with: the very fact that he was called to the office to be questioned by the security officer, alone, is wrong - regardless of the details of the meeting. Whether he embellished or not, he never should have been called into the office for questioning. Any talk of suspected embellishment is a distraction from this fundamental point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's start with: the very fact that he was called to the office to be questioned by the security officer, alone, is wrong - regardless of the details of the meeting. Whether he embellished or not, he never should have been called into the office for questioning. Any talk of suspected embellishment is a distraction from this fundamental point.

Agreed on the first point. It's none of the school's or resource officers, or police department that Kashuv went with his dad to the range.

I disagree on the second point. First, it doesn't distract from the fundamental point other than you insisting that it's a distraction, and then here we are talking about it. Nothing else would have been said about it by me except for thinking I need answer. All I'm urging is caution. I'm making no claims. I haven't **** in anyone's cornflakes. The fundamental point is still the fundamental point.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed on the first point. It's none of the school's or resource officers, or police department that Kashuv went with his dad to the range.

I disagree on the second point. First, it doesn't distract from the fundamental point other than you insisting that it's a distraction, and then here we are talking about it. Nothing else would have been said about it by me except for thinking I need answer. All I'm urging is caution. I'm making no claims. I haven't **** in anyone's cornflakes. The fundamental point is still the fundamental point.

Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism. "Our side" is as prone to put people on pedestals that say things we agree with as the other side is.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The principal at my son's school really likes that. I got a five minute lecture on how Indiana law is clear that he didn't need me present to talk to my child.

This kid was meeting with a "Resource Officer", not a "Principal".

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2000/rpt/2000-R-0282.htm
    COURT CASES
    Indiana
    The Indiana Supreme Court had held that a child's statement or confession cannot be used against him unless (1) both he and his parents or guardian were informed of their right to remain silent and (2) the child had the opportunity to consult with his parents, guardian, or attorney (Lewis v. State 288NE 2d 138 (1972)).
    Subsequently, Indiana passed a law specifying that a child's right to an attorney and to remain silent may be waived only by the child's parents, guardian, or custodian. The parent, guardian, or custodian can waive these rights only if he has no interest adverse to the child's, meaningful consultation has occurred between him and the child, and the child knowingly and voluntarily agrees with the waiver (In. St. 31-25-5-1).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The principal at my son's school really likes that. I got a five minute lecture on how Indiana law is clear that he didn't need me present to talk to my child.

I think the principle can speak to a student, without the parents present. I think...

But...
    Now if some legal issue comes up, then I think there is a problem. I think...

I am NOT a lawyer.
    Although.. I do want to change my job in about 4-5 years.
    I do enjoy arguing and research involved in arguing.

On the other hand, not a big fan of dressing up, or the government in general.
    So maybe not.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I think the principle can speak to a student, without the parents present. I think...

From the links you provided earlier, anybody, most especially the police, can talk to a student without parents present (hidden presumption that the subject matter is something potentially incriminating). The protections all seem to kick in only a) if the student is educated enough to say "I'm not talking without my parents/lawyer" and/or b) the cops want to use what is said in a criminal case.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just saw Kyle Kashuv interviewed by Tucker Carlson. I am pissed. I want these ****ers sued. I want these ****ers fired. I want these ****ers' lives ruined. I want these ****ers to not be able to get a job anywhere, anytime and be ****in homeless. OK, I'm done.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just saw Kyle Kashuv interviewed by Tucker Carlson. I am pissed. I want these ****ers sued. I want these ****ers fired. I want these ****ers' lives ruined. I want these ****ers to not be able to get a job anywhere, anytime and be ****in homeless. OK, I'm done.

Im not totally clear, sir. Can you rephrase that? Your opinion was a little vague. :laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Kyle?
    Tucker?
    The police?

Got a link?

Top Bottom