PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    The self-own is strong with this one.
    from someone recently

"Dear .........,

I did in fact come in for the classifieds, and would certainly stay for discussion, but drumming up 50 comments to be able to send a simple message is a bit of a bridge too far these days.
    Lack of commitment duly noted. Now, get out, slacker.
    I understand your high standards for your site, but they are a burden that ironically costs your users the opportunity to sell their wares beyond the group. I'm sure they are adults capable of vetting their buyers on their own.
    Yes, they are, and this is one of the methods they use to ensure the buyer is neither a meth head, criminal, idiot, or wears an ATF hat (but I repeat myself).
    I have seen many ads and read many other forums on INgunowners, but I neither live in IN nor have the time to make days of posts for the pleasure of inquiring.
    Yet never felt like contributing, even once, to any of those "many forums"?
    I guess I'll see if I can find one of the other ads he's probably been forced to post on another site due to a lack of (or ability to show) interest on INGO.
    Please do.
    Allowing non-users to see classifieds, then immediately throwing a burdensome and unrealistic requirement (or just money and you're in! Hah!) on them is both a bit culty and in poor taste. I suppose you mean well, and you've certainly excelled as a rabid gatekeeper.
    Kind Regards,
    "Unrealistic requirement"? Amazing how many members have miraculously surmounted this obstacle.
    P.S. Some of us do a lot more reading than blabbing, and occasionally contribute high-quality discussions and content over frequent banter. I would consider revising your rules to allow these types without imposing unrealistic comment counts."
    Well, we prefer the blabbers, who often contribute "high quality discussions and content". That's how they got to 50 posts.
    And again with the "unrealistic".
    Just can't be done....hmmm, sorry, didn't know your threshold for pain was so low.

Please forgive us for triggering you with our rules.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    from someone recently

"Dear .........,

I did in fact come in for the classifieds, and would certainly stay for discussion, but drumming up 50 comments to be able to send a simple message is a bit of a bridge too far these days.

I understand your high standards for your site, but they are a burden that ironically costs your users the opportunity to sell their wares beyond the group. I'm sure they are adults capable of vetting their buyers on their own.

I have seen many ads and read many other forums on INgunowners, but I neither live in IN nor have the time to make days of posts for the pleasure of inquiring.

I guess I'll see if I can find one of the other ads he's probably been forced to post on another site due to a lack of (or ability to show) interest on INGO.

Allowing non-users to see classifieds, then immediately throwing a burdensome and unrealistic requirement (or just money and you're in! Hah!) on them is both a bit culty and in poor taste. I suppose you mean well, and you've certainly excelled as a rabid gatekeeper.
    Kind Regards,

P.S. Some of us do a lot more reading than blabbing, and occasionally contribute high-quality discussions and content over frequent banter. I would consider revising your rules to allow these types without imposing unrealistic comment counts."
    Our friend from Michigan, I'm thinking?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    “a bit culty and in poor taste”

I’m in!
    I gave him a less than stellar welcome and I usually don't directly interact with runners, but coming into the CZ thread which is basically our corner of the bar and throwing a bunch of one liners hit me wrong that day.

That said, while I'm sure that lent to the culty comment, I think he proved my initial impression right with that message. Self fulfilling prophecy? Maybe, but it's a bit incumbent on the new guy to tread lightly. He'd get it handed to him big time on M4Carbine or some of those other forums.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I gave him a less than stellar welcome and I usually don't directly interact with runners, but coming into the CZ thread which is basically our corner of the bar and throwing a bunch of one liners hit me wrong that day.

That said, while I'm sure that lent to the culty comment, I think he proved my initial impression right with that message. Self fulfilling prophecy? Maybe, but it's a bit incumbent on the new guy to tread lightly. He'd get it handed to him big time on M4Carbine or some of those other forums.
    I reported him before I wrote my comment, then when he responded to it I thought maybe there was some hope for him. But ya, wrong thread, wrong night.
    Maybe he’ll rethink his life and come back.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    from someone recently

"Dear .........,

Kind Regards,

hey, he got 1 post, nice start

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    "Dear .........,

Well, whoever it was at least they read my PM. Or my signature line, I'll put either in the win column.

BP84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2024
    Sunman
    from someone recently

"Dear .........,

Kind Regards,

Has it always been 50 posts or was it lower in the past?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    @Mgderf can confirm, but I think it started out as 10. But that was in 2008. So with Bidenomics, it costs more now just like everything else. ;)
    Yep, when I signed up here they told me I needed 10 quality posts to access the classifieds.
    I think I must be special or something because everyone else is being told they need 50.

Top Bottom