• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think anyone needs to see it. Just let him deal with the repercussions... there's no purpose to showing the public and adding more embarrassment.

Part of the reason for the charges is to embarrass. The whole notion of publishing the names of the johns is to try and dry up the market. (Pardon the pun?) Either restrict access to the video for every case like that or don't restrict any of it. Doesn't matter if the john is a rich dude.

Heck, in this day and age, is there any stigma attached to a sex video anymore?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The reports on the offer to drop charges in exchange for an admission that if tried he would have been convicted, seem to indicate the prosecutors do not have the actual solicitation needed to get the conviction in court. Can't convict on a sex tape. Also it seems Kraft interacted with mature Florida citizens, not trafficked women.

My my prediction is this just dies out over time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Part of the reason for the charges is to embarrass. The whole notion of publishing the names of the johns is to try and dry up the market. (Pardon the pun?) Either restrict access to the video for every case like that or don't restrict any of it. Doesn't matter if the john is a rich dude.

Heck, in this day and age, is there any stigma attached to a sex video anymore?

You mean other than the "ick" factor of watching a sex video with a nearly-octagenerian in it? :puke:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If he doesn't think he did the crime, then he should fight it in court.

But, the deferred prosecution route isn't an admission by the prosecutor that the case is weak. Rather, it is consistent with trying to resolve low level cases like this in a relatively harmless way for first time offenders. Which Kraft apparently is.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Jury nullification. I'd leave those prosecutors holding their own d***s in their hands.
    So rediculous we prosecute for this **** "in this day and age"

Jury nullification isn't for billionaires. The public's hatred of people with more money than they have far exceeds their disdain for the law that is being enforced.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jury nullification. I'd leave those prosecutors holding their own d***s in their hands.
    So rediculous we prosecute for this **** "in this day and age"

But he's Robert ****ing Kraft, owner of the racist New England Patriots. See? Even the name says white nationalism.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Jury nullification isn't for billionaires. The public's hatred of people with more money than they have far exceeds their disdain for the law that is being enforced.
    If im on a jury I dont care how much money the defendant has or how little he has. I dont judge people in real life by their bank accounts and i for sure wouldn't hold their freedom ransom for it as a juror

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Funny thing here, for all the hullabaloo there are no trafficking charges filed as of yet...

Probably, the tables will turn from the prosecutors offering to drop charges for an admission they would have been found guilty to the rich guys attorneys offering to drop the million dollar suits in exchange for admitting they would not have been able to get a conviction.

It s not just one big fish they accused, there are likely millions of dollars being spent to fight this "low level" crime.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And it all starts to fall apart...

Sherriff admits insufficient proof of trafficking.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...t-proof-of-human-trafficking-in-florida-case/

Court order did not allow recording.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...case-did-not-expressly-allow-video-recording/

He will beat this...
    Innocent in court possibly, but drug through the mud by the govt. People should be able to sue the **** out of the police and prosecutors for this kind of stuff after they're found not guilty

Top Bottom