• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I don't under stand why people use Pay Pal they are anti gun. There are other means to transfer money. I used them once they locked up a 10k credit card for a week for a $25.00 charge when they first started out. I said never again if you want to play with fire don't complain when you get burned.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    PayPal's great for sending money to and from friends. For online purchases it sucks because of the high fees.

If you can use a CC, or better still cash, then why use PayPal? :dunno:

Full disclosure: I own shares of the company.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was looking at a gun for sale last night on one of those gun for sale sites, and PP was the only option for payment the seller
    offered. Don't know how that will work for them.
    I still see it offered as a payment option on Gunbroker quite a bit. Not sure how they're getting around that, unless they just haven't been caught yet, but you'd think PayPal would be monitoring Gunbroker to "head it off at the pass" so to speak.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    PayPal's great for sending money to and from friends. For online purchases it sucks because of the high fees.

If you can use a CC, or better still cash, then why use PayPal? :dunno:

Full disclosure: I own shares of the company.

Well the advantage is that it provides an additional layer between the actual source of your funds and the seller I suppose. As for fees, those are typically on the seller's end unless you do friends and family, and then I think it goes on the buyer's end, or at least that's been my experience.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    PayPal doesn't charge the user for online purchases, if they are paid via bank account withdraw.

I make online purchases on occasion using PayPal. If the online seller seems small or maybe not secure or I'm buying something from them for the first time, I'll use PayPal.

Any eBay transaction or etsy gets paid via PayPal.

PayPal draws from my "online" bank account that gets funds transferred in as needed for purchases.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well the advantage is that it provides an additional layer between the actual source of your funds and the seller I suppose. As for fees, those are typically on the seller's end unless you do friends and family, and then I think it goes on the buyer's end, or at least that's been my experience.

F+F is always free.

I believe either the seller or the buyer can pay the fees for commercial transactions.

When we used it for a beer competition, the entrant (i.e. the buyer) paid the fees. When I used it for an auto part last week, the seller paid it.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    I still see it offered as a payment option on Gunbroker quite a bit. Not sure how they're getting around that, unless they just haven't been caught yet, but you'd think PayPal would be monitoring Gunbroker to "head it off at the pass" so to speak.
    That's why I did not name the site did not want to help pp.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    F+F is always free.

I believe either the seller or the buyer can pay the fees for commercial transactions.

When we used it for a beer competition, the entrant (i.e. the buyer) paid the fees. When I used it for an auto part last week, the seller paid it.

But that assumes the transfer is a gift, etc. and no product is changing hands. If you use F+F and have a dispute, forget it. Money is gone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hence the friends and family part; that's not for buying goods and services from strangers.

Correct. I've just seen people try to cheap out to not pay the fee and get screwed when the deal goes south. So the fee (which isnt awful at 3% as I recall) isnt necessarily a bad thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hence the friends and family part; that's not for buying goods and services from strangers.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. Whenever I've done it, I get charged on my end (as the one sending money to a "friend"). I don't put anything in the transaction to indicate it is for goods or services, just "sending money". :dunno:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong then. Whenever I've done it, I get charged on my end (as the one sending money to a "friend"). I don't put anything in the transaction to indicate it is for goods or services, just "sending money". :dunno:

Yeah you're doing something wrong. Although I do believe if you are sending money even using friends and family via a credit card they still charge. Believe you have to have your bank account linked to it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah you're doing something wrong. Although I do believe if you are sending money even using friends and family via a credit card they still charge. Believe you have to have your bank account linked to it

Ah, I probably have been using Pay Pal Credit instead of my linked bank account. That makes sense.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't trust dealing with a stranger trying to get out of paying 3% for a service.

I dont trust just anyone. When I use it, its generally a transaction with someone i know. If it's a deal with a fellow INGOer that i dont personally know, that's where the feedback score comes into play. 100% positive feedback with plenty of positive comments, I don't have a problem with it

Top Bottom