• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Thank you, we have already counted your vote.
    Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.73% (2,580 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.35% (65,923 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 0.91% (632 votes)

Total Votes: 69,135

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    Just voted, results: Looks like there's about 2,000 people per hour. Bet we never hear of this poll again.

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.69% (2,637 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.39% (68,211 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 0.92% (656 votes)

Total Votes: 71,504

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN

Would you support more restrictions on guns in your state?

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.57% (2,851 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.46% (76,181 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 0.97% (774 votes)

Total Votes: 79,806

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Voted. I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the results...... and some of the anti-gun comments are hilarious :D

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    On The Newshour last night, PBS sure was willing to play up the lawsuit against Bushmaster.

PBS NewsHour full episode Dec. 15, 2014 | PBS NewsHour

The story starts about 29:00 in. Watch it at your own peril. It will probably p-off most people here. Find out how unreasonable/irresponsible gun owners are!

Funny thing, they never referenced their poll.

They are too busy blaming the NRA for their obviously organized response to skew the poll....

Ammo Dump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for voting! Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.69% (3,384 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.26% (87,386 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.05% (963 votes)

Total Votes: 91,733

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    As of now, ~80K+ "NO" votes. The media should just give up and STFU about it.
    The greatness of this statement... So many issues in this country are only issues because of the media! Pisses me off!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I also voted, great to see the totals but must admit being somewhat surprised at the numbers. I do kind of wonder about the voters who are "unsure." Jim.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Voted, thats incredible, 95% for NO! nice, the media of course will say its the other way around
    They wouldn't do that. They'll just pretend that it doesn't exist (like the CDC report) and regurgitate sound bites from MDA

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I also voted, great to see the totals but must admit being somewhat surprised at the numbers. I do kind of wonder about the voters who are "unsure." Jim.
    "Unsure" are the ones who can't decide, but want to be part of the 'process'; kind of like post turtles and lurkers.
    They're there, but their opinions don't really contribute to a conclusion. (grammar Nazi's have fun)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

We have to admit to ourselves that the poll numbers doubtfully represent the true proportions of public opinion. I'm sure the undecideds are a much larger proportion of the public.

I found the poll linked from a pro-gun website (this thread). Of COURSE I promptly did my part and voted several times. About the only real facts that we can deduce from the poll is that pro-gun folks are probably a greater number than anti-gun folks, and we're definitely more organized. When we get wind of a gun control related poll, we broadcast the news very fast and broad. I'm okay with that.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    We have to admit to ourselves that the poll numbers doubtfully represent the true proportions of public opinion. I'm sure the undecideds are a much larger proportion of the public...

Hardly any sort of statistical science used in the poll to give it any sort of accuracy. But with any of these polls they will run with it if the results fit their agenda. Of course that all fits in pretty well with what is referred to today as "journalism". A "journalist" today checks facts on Wikipedia and a reliable source can be a Facebook post. My grandmother was an editor for a daily newspaper, today newspapers sometimes run spellcheck and think they have done all the editorial review necessary. Could you imagine the crap they would print if the newspapers still had to mind their P's and Q's.

Top Bottom