Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Steve I read most of the stuff and not a whole lot about before the Make Ready command few qustions.
    It said a flagged or bolt locked open is like a pistol in the holster . So you can take the pcc off the cart or unbag at a burm befor the make ready command?

I think so, they can uncase it at the side berm or any assigned staging areas as long as the conditions of safety are met (chamber flagged).

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    ....that lower class shooters are getting bumped by classifying from this division.

I dont see how this affects anyone but the shooter.... If someone gets bumped to a B class shooter in other divisions (because of PCC), they now have to compete at a B class level in pistol.... they are at a disadvantage. It just means more people in that division will beat them.

Also, I could care less what class I am or what other classes people are.... I am just trying to beat all other people shooting setups similar to mine, Regardless if they have an C, B, A, M, GM next to there name. If I was a C shooter and got first in my class, it still means X amount of people still beat me, and I still lost.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I dont see how this affects anyone but the shooter.... If someone gets bumped to a B class shooter in other divisions (because of PCC), they now have to compete at a B class level in pistol.... they are at a disadvantage. It just means more people in that division will beat them.

Also, I could care less what class I am or what other classes people are.... I am just trying to beat all other people shooting setups similar to mine, Regardless if they have an C, B, A, M, GM next to there name. If I was a C shooter and got first in my class, it still means X amount of people still beat me, and I still lost.

Correct. There are people who wants to shoot both but decided not to on PCC because they didn't want to get bump on the pistol for being bumped so fast on PCC. Some people want to win on their class in pistol so I get that. Everyone's got different personal achievement.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    OK PCC seems to be the hot button topic online and at the matches.
    The rules seem vague and different from one club to another.

Observations:

Holstered UNLOADED handgun is inert and a holstered handgun can sweep feet and other body parts as long as it is holstered. A PCC with a chamber flag is considered inert also. Sweeping any any body part or someone else is a DQ with a PCC(IMO as it should be). Why is one OK and the other not? Inconsistent rule that I don't see how they can change. If they make it OK to sweep someone with a flagged PCC I'm out of here and no way possible to carry a holstered pistol without it sweeping body parts.

Seems strange to tell a PCC shooter "if clear hammer down, flag" and then watch them recock the gun by pulling the charge handle back to put flag in.

Have seen PCC shooters with mags in pocket since they don't have to reload very often they don't even wear belts. Rules say all mags must be carried on belt.:dunno:

I agree that the classification for PCC is all out of wack but several people have voiced that concern and it is dismissed by the ones in charge. USPSA doesn't recognize overall results(but everyone else does:)) but looking at the results from last months Silver Creek results shows that PCC pretty much dominates.
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/39486

This shows that(at least to me) that the rifles which are new and some haven't perfected the technique and many are still having trouble getting them to run 100% are clearly easier to shoot than a handgun and the classifiers should reflect this.
    Several on the scores above I know had gun trouble and still finished toward the top.

These are just me rambling and are just my observations.
    PCC looks like fun and I might try it someday but for now it is a distraction at some of the matches.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Seems strange to tell a PCC shooter "if clear hammer down, flag" and then watch them recock the gun by pulling the charge handle back to put flag in.

Not every r.o. tells them to hammer down and some of the folks look at you funny when you do. I think it is a USPSA rules versus Manygun rules thing, not sure.

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    OK PCC seems to be the hot button topic online and at the matches.
    The rules seem vague and different from one club to another.

Observations:

Holstered UNLOADED handgun is inert and a holstered handgun can sweep feet and other body parts as long as it is holstered. A PCC with a chamber flag is considered inert also. Sweeping any any body part or someone else is a DQ with a PCC(IMO as it should be). Why is one OK and the other not? Inconsistent rule that I don't see how they can change. If they make it OK to sweep someone with a flagged PCC I'm out of here and no way possible to carry a holstered pistol without it sweeping body parts.

Have seen PCC shooters with mags in pocket since they don't have to reload very often they don't even wear belts. Rules say all mags must be carried on belt.:dunno:

I agree that the classification for PCC is all out of wack but several people have voiced that concern and it is dismissed by the ones in charge. USPSA doesn't recognize overall results(but everyone else does:)) but looking at the results from last months Silver Creek results shows that PCC pretty much dominates.
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/39486

This shows that(at least to me) that the rifles which are new and some haven't perfected the technique and many are still having trouble getting them to run 100% are clearly easier to shoot than a handgun and the classifiers should reflect this.
    Several on the scores above I know had gun trouble and still finished toward the top.

These are just me rambling and are just my observations.
    PCC looks like fun and I might try it someday but for now it is a distraction at some of the matches.

Dag Paul what it took me a week to write all that.... I'll give my input on PCC. I love pcc..... but in all seriousness what the flag PCC they say is just like a pistol and a holster that's fine if you hold it by the handguard /Barrel vertically or muzzle down holding by the stock not the grip.. the guy that got done shooting and the on Deck shooter should be the only one allowed to have their rifles out at any given time do they sweep anything above the ankle automatic DQ.. if you are taking sight picture before the Make Ready command DQ.. just my opinion

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Dag Paul what it took me a week to write all that.... I'll give my input on PCC. I love pcc..... but in all seriousness what the flag PCC they say is just like a pistol and a holster that's fine if you hold it by the handguard /Barrel vertically or muzzle down holding by the stock not the grip.. the guy that got done shooting and the on Deck shooter should be the only one allowed to have their rifles out at any given time do they sweep anything above the ankle automatic DQ.. if you are taking sight picture before the Make Ready command DQ.. just my opinion

This.

Pcc ain't hurting anyone. As long as people are safe. Be happy people show up to run (used loosely) around and shoot paper targets so we can all keep doing it.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/39486.

This tells me SC is the place to go for PCC!

cakelly1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Columbus
    My observation is all RO's need to get on the same page. Take charge of their squad. Designate a STAGING area for PCC at every stage. Applies to carts and bags. They can be in the same area. Last match a PCC shooter bag his gun twice and covered squad mates. If RO would have designated a staging area it would have never happened. My :twocents:. Or Clubs could take care of that themselves by posting a simple " PCC Staging Area" sign...

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

A holstered pistol is supported by the holster, a flagged rifle when uncased from staging area is supported by hand, basically it's gun handling. It's just bad practice on the latter, even if flagged, to sweep the muzzle around.

Here's the addendum for the "if clear...."
    https://uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2017/PCCAddendum_rev452017.pdf

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    My observation is all RO's need to get on the same page. Take charge of their squad. Designate a STAGING area for PCC at every stage. Applies to carts and bags. They can be in the same area. Last match a PCC shooter bag his gun twice and covered squad mates. If RO would have designated a staging area it would have never happened. My :twocents:. Or Clubs could take care of that themselves by posting a simple " PCC Staging Area" sign...

I think the pcc shooters on the squad should do the roing
    Problem solved

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Some pistol guy would come along and try and ruin it for everybody.

I seriously doubt anyone would want to shoot a pistol in a rifle match:)
    All joking aside a good set of common practices will shake out of all this *****ing and things will calm down a bit.
    One of the issues is local rules and how different ranges have decided to handle pccs
    There were a Few places that didn't allow any centerfire rifles prior to the pcc division.
    I don't have anything against pcc, he'll I have one, I havent shot it in a match yet but I have shot some steel challenge with it.
    It's fun

kevinm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Charlestown
    I seriously doubt anyone would want to shoot a pistol in a rifle match:)
    All joking aside a good set of common practices will shake out of all this *****ing and things will calm down a bit.
    One of the issues is local rules and how different ranges have decided to handle pccs
    There were a Few places that didn't allow any centerfire rifles prior to the pcc division.
    I don't have anything against pcc, he'll I have one, I havent shot it in a match yet but I have shot some steel challenge with it.
    It's fun

When you shoot it in a match you will throw them pistols away..

Top Bottom