• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I was really against it at first. Then I shot it. As I stated before. Most opinions are from people who haven't shot it. Give it a chance. Rules need standardized for sure. But it really hasn't been that bad. There's a little comical irony with guys strapped with pistols in 1/2 a holster with 60 rounds on a batman belt being concerned about a flagged rifle. :D

That being said. Safety is paramount.

Kane406

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Speedway
    Flags should be put back in by the shooter. I'm working on something to hold the flag that makes it easy to retrieve.... That's my chief annoyance right now. It gets lost in my pocket and takes too long to dig out.

Have you tried holding it in your mouth like pirate's knife? You already have the avatar.
    th

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Clubs could just follow the rules and only the rules and that would be nice regardless of division. This good ole boy its a club match attitude is silly. Caring about folks getting classified "too high" who cares.

Between make ready and unload and show clear the shooter is supposed to be in charge of the gun. RO's should not be coaching, assisting or putting flags in place. If you cannot meet the all of the criteria that is demanded by shooting the division. Don't shoot the division.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There should be no unbagging when coming to the line. Should already be done. Flags should be put back in by the shooter. I'm working on something to hold the flag that makes it easy to retrieve since some grumpy old guys won't hold it for me. That's my chief annoyance right now. It gets lost in my pocket and takes too long to dig out.

Pro tip:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    There's a little comical irony with guys strapped with pistols in 1/2 a holster with 60 rounds on a batman belt being concerned about a flagged rifle. :D

That being said. Safety is paramount.

I'm not sure what is funny about that.
    I have been swept more with a rifle since PCC started than I have with a handgun in over 25 years of handgun competition. So I'm not sure why you made a reference to " guys strapped with pistols in 1/2 a holster with 60 rounds on a batman belt" being concerned. Everyone should be concerned about a flagged rifle if it is pointed at them.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I have been swept more with a rifle since PCC started than I have with a handgun in over 25 years of handgun competition. So I'm not sure why you made a reference to " guys strapped with pistols in 1/2 a holster with 60 rounds on a batman belt" being concerned. Everyone should be concerned about a flagged rifle if it is pointed at them.

Sounds like you need to start DQing people or bring it to the ROs attention so they can DQ them. Should be no tolerance for sweeping. I have not seen anything like that at the matches I've been too. Didn't realize this was still a debate. Kind of like paper vs. electric scoring, the ships sailed.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States

Nothing funny about unsafe gun handling. Trying to explain to people not in firearms that the guys with the pistols on their belts are eyeballing the guys with the flagged rifles is humorous to me. That's all. Not a personal comment or making light of anyone. Just being goofy.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Sounds like you need to start DQing people or bring it to the ROs attention so they can DQ them. Should be no tolerance for sweeping. I have not seen anything like that at the matches I've been too. Didn't realize this was still a debate. Kind of like paper vs. electric scoring, the ships sailed.

To be fair most of this was in the first few months. It has got better but there was a incident this weekend at a match so it is still happening.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    there are rules and best practices. follow them and things will be fine. a squad of pcc shooters can finish the match at the same time as a squad of pistol shooters and not sweep anyone. it takes ROs and competitors knowing and abiding by the rules.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    It felt awkward the first time I had to RO a PCC shooter. Dealing with the flag was a new variable, I was concerned they might get the muzzle to close to a wall and have trouble moving around it without sweeping themselves (or me), and I just knew I would mess up the "If finished" command. After the first couple of PCC shooters it became more routine.

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Have seen PCC shooters with mags in pocket since they don't have to reload very often they don't even wear belts. Rules say all mags must be carried on belt.:dunno:

^^^^^^
    I see people all the time load their pistol with a mag that comes from their pocket.

Yes they have mags on the belt but the initial load mag comes from the pocket?

Are they breaking the rules ?????

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Clubs could just follow the rules and only the rules and that would be nice regardless of division. This good ole boy its a club match attitude is silly. Caring about folks getting classified "too high" who cares.

Between make ready and unload and show clear the shooter is supposed to be in charge of the gun. RO's should not be coaching, assisting or putting flags in place. If you cannot meet the all of the criteria that is demanded by shooting the division. Don't shoot the division.

At the range portion of the class this is what a lot of the redo's were about. Some people were not using the correct language (especially a group of Canadians), and had to do it a number of times until they got it right. I am sure they will go back to their clubs though and continue doing it the way they were prior to the class.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Have seen PCC shooters with mags in pocket since they don't have to reload very often they don't even wear belts. Rules say all mags must be carried on belt.:dunno:

^^^^^^
    I see people all the time load their pistol with a mag that comes from their pocket.

Yes they have mags on the belt but the initial load mag comes from the pocket?

Are they breaking the rules ?????

5.2.4 During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).

Should the division restrict the location of the magazines or speed loading devices, carrying them in apparel pocket(s) forward of the restriction point will be allowed providing they are not removed from the apparel pocket(s) between the “standby” command and the command “ if clear, hammer down and holster”. (e.g. – a magazine may be retrieved from a front pocket to facilitate loading before the start signal or while unloading at the end of a COF without penalty). When stipulations in the WSB require placement of magazines or speed loaders on a table or similar location and not in the retention devices prior to the start signal, retrieving them and using them from the hand is allowed. Further, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices carried in the hand after the start signal are not subject to the equipment position restrictions of Appendix D, Item 12, as long as they remain in the hand.

Top Bottom