• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Not sure what a LTCH has to do with carrying a long gun.:dunno:
    If you carry a long gun, or a pistol, in a "gun free zone" you will get in trouble no matter if you have a LTCH or not.
    The latter is incorrect. You are only able to carry in a GFZ if you are licensed. The reason for the disclaimer is it was brought up that the GFZ law is worded in such a way that one is not able to carry any firearm, including a long gun, even if your state allows such carry without a license.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the GFZ is a radius, and you don't necessarily need to be on the physical property to be in violation of the GFZ's boundaries. A licensee can carry through the GFZ's radius up to the point they are on the physical property. A non-licensee cannot carry at all inside the invisible force field of the GFZ's radius.

These are the posts referencing the law:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...state_capitol_feb_8_2013_a-4.html#post3714333

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...state_capitol_feb_8_2013_a-4.html#post3714371

What's with the right hand drive? You a mail man?:dunno:
    No. I'm a male, man.

I was using the front camera on my phone, and apparently it was set backwards.

Last edited:

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Sounds like the thing to do,let our voices be heard. Would love to go,but unfortunately its the wife's birthday and I probably never live that one down. Best of luck to all who go/ support....... NoBama........

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Sounds like the thing to do,let our voices be heard. Would love to go,but unfortunately its the wife's birthday and I probably never live that one down. Best of luck to all who go/ support....... NoBama........

You do realize this starts at 10am? I am sure that your wife would have no problem if you take a few hours to stand up for what is right and participate in the political process.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I found your solution. This is brilliant.

29545_460915287290367_1103512435_n.jpg

:lmfao:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    One of the big things that we need is to get people excited about this.
    We need to get a really positive feel going here that can carry over to the rally.
    Keeping a Positive Mental Attitude is key in this fight.
    If we can get guys here excited then they will be more likely to talk their shooting buddies into showing up.

We need to make a point to try to get the most diverse group of responsible gun owners possible. and to do that then the guys in this thread need to get the world out.

We are not trying to draw a line in the sand. We are out there to say that we will not be marginalized or bullied. That we are informed, active, and motivated.

We want to look responsible and professional, so that the fear mongers have nothing to use against us. To do that we need to look the part.

We need to sound responsible and professional, so that the media cannot twist our words. Our message is clear, We long for more liberty not less. We stand on the principles this nations was founded on. And we expect our legislatures to follow the constitution and their oaths.

Stick to the message, This isn't about race, religion, taxes, healthcare, war, or any other issue. This is about the Constitution, Liberty and the Second Amendment.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One of the big things that we need is to get people excited about this.
    We need to get a really positive feel going here that can carry over to the rally.
    Keeping a Positive Mental Attitude is key in this fight.
    If we can get guys here excited then they will be more likely to talk their shooting buddies into showing up.

We need to make a point to try to get the most diverse group of responsible gun owners possible. and to do that then the guys in this thread need to get the world out.

We are not trying to draw a line in the sand. We are out there to say that we will not be marginalized or bullied. That we are informed, active, and motivated.

We want to look responsible and professional, so that the fear mongers have nothing to use against us. To do that we need to look the part.

We need to sound responsible and professional, so that the media cannot twist our words. Our message is clear, We long for more liberty not less. We stand on the principles this nations was founded on. And we expect our legislatures to follow the constitution and their oaths.

Stick to the message, This isn't about race, religion, taxes, healthcare, war, or any other issue. This is about the Constitution, Liberty and the Second Amendment.

:+1:

I saw some videos of some of the rallies where people strarted talking way too much about religion and other issues.A guy was making a speech in front of a capitol building and said "god" like a dozen of times in five minutes.
    I also saw signs about abortions and other issues.
    All the people who show up to those events dont have all the same views on those topics, they just have one thing in common and that is to protect their gun rights.It should just be about the 2A otherwise we will lose some pro-guns supporters. :patriot:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I am very politically active with both the republican and libertarian parties. I love this country and this state has been my home off an on my entire life. I am very proud of Indiana and the culture that we have, but there are many areas that I would like to see improvements.

However, on the 8th I will not bring up any of them except my views on Fire Arms rights and following the Constitution.

The eyes of the state and the nation will be upon us, so we need to have our best foot forward.

I implore you to leave every agenda except the second amendment at home.

On Saturday we had a diverse crowd. Politically active gun owners of different ages, races and creeds came together to promote freedom. That is what we need to carry forward.

I am doing every thing I can to increase that diversity. Do not be surprised by the people that show up, and treat every one you meet with respect. Know that every person that stands with us on the 8th believes in freedom and has faith in this nation.

So...

No Negative messages. No lines in the sand. Let us do every thing we can to avoid being divisive in any way. No confederate flags, No molon labe signs. Avoid the mention of what ever God you believe in. Do not talk about conspiracy theories, The UN, secret societies, or the FED.

If you feel the need to deliver a speech, memorize one of the rally speeches that Patric Henry or Sam Adams made famous.

Do not speak ill of the type of arms any one else is carrying.

Do not disparage someone else for the lifestyle the choose to lead, or the way they dress.

Stay Positive, stay encouraging.

Remember this event is also a way for us to refresh our spirits in between the nightly letters we are all writing to our representatives in the statehouse and in washington.

The road to freedom is long and arduous, but liberty is not for the faint at heart. We know the battle that we are in for and this is but a spring board for that fight. Take some time to speak to other people that show up and make connections. Now is the time to forge our Union. Now is the time to stand together, so that we do not hang separately.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    No Negative messages. No lines in the sand. Let us do every thing we can to avoid being divisive in any way. No confederate flags, No molon labe signs. Avoid the mention of what ever God you believe in. Do not talk about conspiracy theories, The UN, secret societies, or the FED.

Of the above, it's silly to say don't include the highlighted one. I agree on the rest.

After all, what's the point of Don't Tread On Me? You do realize that, in 1775, it meant "Back the Frack off, I will Frack you up!" Seriously, it was that bold of a message. I don't think many people understand how brazen that snake and those words were.

No Molon Labe? Really? It's simply DTOM. and honestly, we aren't pleading or begging out there. Well, maybe you are.

No mention of God? At all? Seriously? "Endowed by their Creator...." Frack me running then, I'd better leave my copy of the Bill Of Rights at home.

Do you understand how silly you come across? Don't talk like the Founding Fathers.... but memorize a speech from Patrick Henry or TJ.... Have you even read their speeches? DTOM and God are in everything they have written about when it comes to RKBA.

Stay Positive, stay encouraging.

I agree. At the Jan 19th rally things were very positive. I want to see that again... just with a boat load more people this time.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Of the above, it's silly to say don't include the highlighted one. I agree on the rest.

After all, what's the point of Don't Tread On Me? You do realize that, in 1775, it meant "Back the Frack off, I will Frack you up!" Seriously, it was that bold of a message. I don't think many people understand how brazen that snake and those words were.

No Molon Labe? Really? It's simply DTOM. and honestly, we aren't pleading or begging out there. Well, maybe you are.

No mention of God? At all? Seriously? "Endowed by their Creator...." Frack me running then, I'd better leave my copy of the Bill Of Rights at home.

Do you understand how silly you come across? Don't talk like the Founding Fathers.... but memorize a speech from Patrick Henry or TJ.... Have you even read their speeches? DTOM and God are in everything they have written about when it comes to RKBA.

I agree. At the Jan 19th rally things were very positive. I want to see that again... just with a boat load more people this time.

Well done !

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    In the "what would you actually accept" thread I posted this and I still stand by it and I think the words of wisdom from Prometheus expand on the same idea.
    Just guessen
    NOT A FN MILLMETER. I heard that was French for NOT A FN MILLIMETER some place one time :dunno: I don't speak French

They take to much already in various forms

Give a millimeter and they will take a Kilometer

Why do people sugar coat it ?
    Lets be nice and maybe they(libtards) will be reasonable and we can find a compromise.
    Really ! Are you kidding ?
    They(libtards) are playing for keeps people and we are playing some kind of Lisa Simpson all is love and all is equal on the playground dream !
    Why should we give anything ? They(libtards) never give diddly but we want to play nice and give and give and give

STOP IT ! PLEASE STOP IT !

PS. I do like saying LIBTARDS
    If the shoe fits :D

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I will be there for sure this time, I had to work last event :(

Will try and fill my truck with friends of like minds from my area and bring them with me :rockwoot:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just stay on topic.

We're gathering to prevent additional restrictions on gun rights.
    We'll work on lower taxes, religious freedom, abortion reform, banning parking meters, and all other stuff, some other time.

Everyone you offend with an off-topic comment is a vote for more gun control.

You can be firm in your convictions without being insulting or hateful.
    Never argue. All we're doing is stating our position. We don't have to change anybody's mind.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    If I carry a sign....

Just stay on topic.

We're gathering to prevent additional restrictions on gun rights.
    We'll work on lower taxes, religious freedom, abortion reform, banning parking meters, and all other stuff, some other time.

Everyone you offend with an off-topic comment is a vote for more gun control.

You can be firm in your convictions without being insulting or hateful.
    Never argue. All we're doing is stating our position. We don't have to change anybody's mind.

It will say "NO NEW GUN LAWS"

What would be an example of an unacceptable Long Gun to take?

Regardless, it will be unloaded, safe and kept in a safe direction.

Just asking, Thanks

Top Bottom