• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Rep machine won't let me get ya, but that was great, and there's a whole lot of truth to it! :): Wonder how many kids today have experienced the unique flavor that "worm dirt" adds to a bologna sandwich?

I plus 10'ed him for you.

Doc, I will pray that this works. Your sons life will be so much easier. A kid in my sons kindergarten class had peanut allergies. His mom was telling us of the challenges. That was 12 years ago. I know that packaging is better marked now.

You guys are in my prayers.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I had allergies when I was a kid, and had to go through the shots with the allergist. 1 shot every week for 6 weeks, 1 shot every 2 weeks for like 2 months, and ten once a month for a few months. I was allergic to all sorts of stuff outside, and I couldn't be around mown grass without having a severe asthma attack...not anaphylaxis, but it severely impeded my quality of life.

Didn't know until later that I could literally die from the shots, but still we had to stay in the office for like an hour.

Kudos for the trial!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was allegedly allergic to cat hair, dog hair, dust and feathers when I was a kid, according to the "tests". But yet we had a dog, a cat, and I slept on a feather pillow, and continued to do so (still do).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was allegedly allergic to cat hair, dog hair, dust and feathers when I was a kid, according to the "tests". But yet we had a dog, a cat, and I slept on a feather pillow, and continued to do so (still do).

You can be "a little" allergic.

I'm allergic to dogs and cats.
    Cats, a lot.
    Dogs a little.
    When I had 2 dogs, I was okay.
    When I had to watch 2 more dogs.. I was miserable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You can be "a little" allergic.

I'm allergic to dogs and cats.
    Cats, a lot.
    Dogs a little.
    When I had 2 dogs, I was okay.
    When I had to watch 2 more dogs.. I was miserable.

We've got 3 dogs and a cat now and they don't bother me at all. The only thing that gets to me now is pollen, and it's not nearly as bad for me as it is for some people. I think I grew out of whatever allergy I had to the critters and feathers and dust, and grew into pollen. :):

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I did the allergy shots thing, too. Only helped a little with cats. When the ex moved out she left 7. And they LOVE me. Anybody want a cat? I found out pretty quickly that all I had to do to enjoy a much better quality of life was close the bedroom door, give it a good cleaning, and voila. That 8 hours not sucking up cat dander made all the difference...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It may not be that allergies are more common - it just may be A) we're more aware, and B) people who were described as being "sickly" their whole (and short) lives...died.

My wife suffered for EIGHT years with Celiac disease before she was properly diagnosed. A good deal many are misdiagnosed with IBS and/or Chron's disease.

I think this therapy is awesome!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It may not be that allergies are more common - it just may be A) we're more aware, and B) people who were described as being "sickly" their whole (and short) lives...died.

My wife suffered for EIGHT years with Celiac disease before she was properly diagnosed. A good deal many are misdiagnosed with IBS and/or Chron's disease.

I think this therapy is awesome!

That is something I have noted before. In the past, people with potentially fatal allergies sometimes died, usually before reproducing and transmitting whatever genes that might make their offspring more susceptible to such extreme allergies. Now, almost everyone lives through that as well as some other historically fatal conditions.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doing well. His Zyrtec is finally getting a steady state in his system I think so having less abdominal pain after dosing. Or his body is finding the dose less stimulating.

it’s hard to time it since you need a full stomach and 30 mins of calm before and two hours after, and he gets home from school at 4pm. Going to be a long seven months

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well last night he puked 40 mins after the dose and had a lot of abdominal pain. Not sure what happened. He said he thought the solution had more peanut taste than normal

Top Bottom