• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, I've gotta say I admire any 10 y.o. who can look suffering in the face and stare it down like this young man.

Exactly. I’ve told him that multiple times. I appreciate you saying that and I will pass it along to him.

Vomited again last night after it. Going to start Zantac per their recs and see how it does

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I've gotta say I admire any 10 y.o. who can look suffering in the face and stare it down like this young man.

Absolutely!

Enduring hardship for a benefit long down the road is a marker of maturity and a predictor of personal success.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe the rate of advance is a bit aggressive?

He was doubling his dose every 20mins until he got to 6mg. That was the goal for first visit. Then he got abdominal pain and nausea. So we started off at 3mg. His symptoms have slightly progressed each dose of 3mg though. The slowest they’ll increase dose is a two week interval

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Added ranitidine tonight before the dose. He vomited again 45 mins after the dose. Sigh.

Spoke With the on call fellow, she’ll talk to the director and come up with a plan. Not sure if we’ll back off the dose or what we’ll do. Sad here.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Added ranitidine tonight before the dose. He vomited again 45 mins after the dose. Sigh.

Spoke With the on call fellow, she’ll talk to the director and come up with a plan. Not sure if we’ll back off the dose or what we’ll do. Sad here.

You got one tough young man there Doc. I pray it all works out for you guys in the end!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Thanks guys. New plan is no dose Saturday then back in the saddle Sunday at 0.8mg. I don’t want him to lose cooperation with these symptoms. Backing off that far should help

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I remember getting weekly injections as a kid for my allergies, just a bit older than he is.

That sounds like one of the few times we had it easier "back then."

Your kid is a fighter!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks buddy.

ideally you start young, like under 3 so your immune system can remodel more. But, at least we’re starting.

no symptoms after 1.5mg.

to make the solution we had to buy PB2 powder and a set of measuring spoons down to 1/64 tsp. They put 1/64 tsp powder into 13ml solution and 1ml is 1mg

Doc:

Are you confident that the concentration of the ingredient of interest is consistent in the powder from from batch to batch of the powder?

Given the size of the doses, might it be a good idea to consider weighing instead of using a volume measure to eliminate error due to how tightly or loosely the powder is packed in the spoon?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Doc:

Are you confident that the concentration of the ingredient of interest is consistent in the powder from from batch to batch of the powder?

Given the size of the doses, might it be a good idea to consider weighing instead of using a volume measure to eliminate error due to how tightly or loosely the powder is packed in the spoon?

Yeah. That's surely what I think, coming from a lab science background.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thinking about you and your young'un this afternoon, Doc. Weighing the dose sounds wise to this old layman reloader. Hope your boy finds his way through this desensitization. Peanut butter doesn't qualify as one of life's great joys, but it goes in some pretty tasty stuff. Peanut butter cookies come to mind. I'm sure it would be a relief to both of you to not be constantly worried about random contacts too. The stuff is ubiquitous in the USA.
    Many thanks to G. W. Carver.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thinking about you and your young'un this afternoon, Doc. Weighing the dose sounds wise to this old layman reloader. Hope your boy finds his way through this desensitization. Peanut butter doesn't qualify as one of life's great joys, but it goes in some pretty tasty stuff. Peanut butter cookies come to mind. I'm sure it would be a relief to both of you to not be constantly worried about random contacts too. The stuff is ubiquitous in the USA.
    Sometimes it goes in things that you wouldn't expect. I remember years ago we were at a family dinner at a Chinese restaurant and my brother-in-law (allergic to peanuts) started having a reaction. Came to find out that peanut butter was used as a binder in the egg rolls.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

You . . . you . . FIEND!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I appreciate the offers for more fine measurements but I think we’re ok. We’re taking 1/64th teaspoon and putting it in 13ml water and giving him 0.8ml of that. Even if I was off 50% on measuring it only gets us to 1.2mg which should still be fine. Further doses should require less precision since they’re larger.

Today is the second dose of the lower amount and he did ok with it :rockwoot:

Top Bottom