Peeps Fishing on your property, opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I love ingo. Only here can you post a trespassing question and leave explaining to your wife why you need a drone, cannon, and alligator. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Don't forget the speedo, Chez. He is going to have to add that to the shopping list if he doesn't already have one. I recommend a neon pink or something similar.

I hear pink is INGO's favorite color.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have a creek running through my back yard. It is at the very edge of town, nothing beyond the creek except the rest of my property, and a cornfield. Several homes border the creek along with an apartment complex, and the primary school. My house, however, is the last one on the street and is right up against the bridge that carries 24 over the creek. Guess what? The only decent sized fish in the area live under the bridge where the water is the deepest.

You guessed it, all the neighborhood kids like to go fishing in my back yard. I have asked them to leave, but the reality is I don't care if they fish there. My concern these days is that one of them get hurt on my property and their parents sue. This is why I ask them to leave. Last year I stopped a couple of boys from the apartment complex in my yard. I explained that if they wanted to come on my property, they had to get my permission first. I even helped one of them untangle his reel. They were cool and left, but then were out there again (without asking) a few days later. I had to be less than friendly then.

No traffic as of yet this year. We'll see.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I love ingo. Only here can you post a trespassing question and leave explaining to your wife why you need a drone, cannon, and alligator.

You'd try to EXPLAIN that to your wife?
    You ARE crazy!
    I'd just go get it all, and let her go on THINKING I was crazy.
    Maybe I am.
    Crazy like a fox!
    Bwah hah hah hah hah!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a creek running through my back yard. It is at the very edge of town, nothing beyond the creek except the rest of my property, and a cornfield. Several homes border the creek along with an apartment complex, and the primary school. My house, however, is the last one on the street and is right up against the bridge that carries 24 over the creek. Guess what? The only decent sized fish in the area live under the bridge where the water is the deepest.

You guessed it, all the neighborhood kids like to go fishing in my back yard. I have asked them to leave, but the reality is I don't care if they fish there. My concern these days is that one of them get hurt on my property and their parents sue. This is why I ask them to leave. Last year I stopped a couple of boys from the apartment complex in my yard. I explained that if they wanted to come on my property, they had to get my permission first. I even helped one of them untangle his reel. They were cool and left, but then were out there again (without asking) a few days later. I had to be less than friendly then.

No traffic as of yet this year. We'll see.

In these insane times legal action is a worry.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    In these insane times legal action is a worry.

It's my only worry. I really don't care if the kids catch all the good fish. I'd like to be cool to the kids and have them hang out fishing rather, than run the streets, but I have to worry about the parents looking to make a buck off their little angle who can do no wrong... Like coming on someone's property without permission, then douing something stupid and getting hurt, or having an innocent accident and getting hurt.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Isn't there a I.C. that says a landowner is not liable if a trespasser is injured while on a landowner's property?

IANAL..............IC 14-22-10-2.5 Restrictions on landowner liability to hunters, fishers, and trappersSec. 2.5. (a) A person who goes upon or through the premises,including caves, of another 1) with or without permission; and(2) either A) without the payment of monetary consideration; or(B) with the payment of monetary consideration directly orindirectly on the person's behalf by an agency of the state orfederal government;for the purpose of hunting, fishing, trapping, or preparing to hunt,fish, or trap, does not have an assurance that the premises are safe forthat purpose.(b) The owner of the premises does not 1) assume responsibility; or(2) incur liability;for an injury to a person or property caused by an act or failure to actof other persons using the premises.(c) This section does not affect Indiana case law on the liabilityof owners or possessors of premises with respect to the following 1) Business invitees in commercial establishments.(2) The attractive nuisance doctrine.(d) This section does not excuse the owner or occupant ofpremises from liability for injury to a person or property

Top Bottom