• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll be ordering his this week. The one I linked to is no longer available, but still leaning towards an up-to 10 pump. Probably a crossman. Still taking suggestions though.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    If you have eased up on the single pump requirement, I totally agree the crossman is a good choice. I still have the one I got 40 years ago. Needs seals worked over, but still feel nostalgic about it whenever I move it out of the way. I never felt the multi pump aspect was a detriment when I was young and it was plenty accurate with pellets.
    --Rick

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I've completely let go of the single pump idea, mainly because I don't think he could pump it by himself. I like the IDEA of CO2, but not the idea of buying supplies for it. I think the Crossman will be an all around good one for him. He really likes shooting the Daisey he got last year, he just gets frustrated that it's so inaccurate over 20 feet or so.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Anything you wanna know about air guns, you can ask over at yellow forum:

Yellowforum.com

Ever heard of a Steroid Sheridan? Call Tim Mcmurry at Mac1 Airgun in Gardena, California. You can thank me later.

Klanham5576

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    NE Indiana
    Check out the Gamo line of single shot pump style pellet rifles. I have the Whisper and the grandkids love shooting it. Nice and quiet too so the neighbors don't get upset.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Although take my words of caution... Your bio says Indy and I'm pretty sure air gun shooting is verboten in city limits (meaning all of Marion county) unless preemption changed that... that and some break barrels can shoot supersonic especially if over oiled which will cause the oil in the barrel to diesel and make one hell of a crack.

I'm curious about this. I'm thinking of getting an airgun for indoors/backyard practice. The Indiana codes define firearms to exclude airguns (IC 35-47-1-5.5) and I couldn't find anything specifically for Indy/Marion County. Can anyone point to any such restrictions? I do intend to get a quieter gun just to make life easier with the neighbors.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I have a Crossman Optimus that was right around $100. It's not amazing, but I have over 10 chipmunks and 5-7 squirrels with it in the limited time it's been used.

Artillery hold is a must and it's a little pellet sensitive, (I use Crossman Destroyers). I also found a mod on YouTube to shorten the trigger pull that only required a longer screw, and that helped quite a bit. As long as I stay within it's limitations it's a great gun.

Top Bottom