• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Weak in the heart?
    So, a soldier/sailor/marine/airman with 4.0 evals/fitreps considered a leader in his unit, overnight is now "weak in the heart" when he doesn't like a policy forced by a radical agenda foisted upon the military?
    What color is the sky in your world?

A soldier can dislike the agenda he must abide by while in the service, but unless it compromises his or other soldier's safety, he is "weak in the heart," if it drives him from the service and protecting the nation. "Weak in the heart," meaning not committed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is possible to disagree with Kut without namecalling. Okay. He says something you disagree with. Make the case why he's wrong.

Sometimes people can't help themselves. I'm a tempting target.... and kute.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    A soldier can dislike the agenda he must abide by while in the service, but unless it compromises his or other soldier's safety, he is "weak in the heart," if it drives him from the service and protecting the nation. "Weak in the heart," meaning not committed.

IOW, replace a dedicated warrior and defender of the Republic with Harry who really thinks he's Mary.
    Got it.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south

So, if a pResident decides to use the military immorally and a soldier recognizes orders for what they are and disagrees with said orders, it makes the SOLDIER "weak in the heart"?

let me know if you change your mind when 0bammy decides to ignore the Posse Comatatus, signs over control of US forces to the UN or, uses the military to disarm America.......

friggin liberals....

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sometimes people can't help themselves. I'm a tempting target.... and kute.

When I saw that I knew it would just go to your head.

IOW, replace a dedicated warrior and defender of the Republic with Harry who really thinks he's Mary.
    Got it.

Hey, it worked for Corporal Klinger. I think the best argument against is the mental defectiveness of Harry/Mary. Now all delusional people will want to join the military. And if it's okay to allow this delusion why not any? As long as the soldier can function and perform duties, why keep any sufferers of mental disorders out? They'll just need to train the mentally fit soldiers to get along with the defective ones.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, if a pResident decides to use the military immorally and a soldier recognizes orders for what they are and disagrees with said orders, it makes the SOLDIER "weak in the heart"?

let me know if you change your mind when 0bammy decides to ignore the Posse Comatatus, signs over control of US forces to the UN or, uses the military to disarm America.......

friggin liberals....

I don't do tinfoil... meaning the signing over of the U.S. military to the U.N. is the stuff that "certain" segments of American society rail about, while not all so well versed in the reality of international relations. As far as Posse Comitaus, given it's roots, it's debatable whether that is a law that ever should've been passed in the first place. The founders certainly didn't have it in their vision. And finally, you'll have to explain using the military "immorally," as I'm not sure how expanding criteria for those wishing to serve counts as "immoral." But hey, if you think that's a good excuse to tuck tail, in the face of the enemy, because your foxhole partners likes to wear dresses in his spare time have at it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't do tinfoil... meaning the signing over of the U.S. military to the U.N. is the stuff that "certain" segments of American society rail about, while not all so well versed in the reality of international relations. As far as Posse Comitaus, given it's roots, it's debatable whether that is a law that ever should've been passed in the first place. The founders certainly didn't have it in their vision. And finally, you'll have to explain using the military "immorally," as I'm not sure how expanding criteria for those wishing to serve counts as "immoral." But hey, if you think that's a good excuse to tuck tail, in the face of the enemy, because your foxhole partners likes to wear dresses in his spare time have at it.

The U.N. thing is pretty much tinfoil, true.
    Posse Commitatus is foreseeable, especially in a real or phony national emergency.
    As for "immorally using the military," why does it have to be all about the subject of this thread?
    There are plenty of things that easily meet the threshold of what most reasonable would consider immoral, as practiced in dictatorships throughout the world.
    After all, I've seen you specifically describe Abraham Lincoln as a dictator for some of the things he did using the military in the Civil War.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    It's not referring to the UN coming into America, more along the lines of our troops operating under UN control in beautiful places like Bosnia or, Africa etc....

as as to the "immoral" uses of our military, it is clearly stated to follow all LAWFUL orders. It is a fine line to determine a lawful from unlawful order in some regards, especially when Congress has not approved a drastic change yet some POS Kenyan uses executive fiat to make a pen and ink change disregarding the Constitution and the institution of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not referring to the UN coming into America, more along the lines of our troops operating under UN control in beautiful places like Bosnia or, Africa etc....

as as to the "immoral" uses of our military, it is clearly stated to follow all LAWFUL orders. It is a fine line to determine a lawful from unlawful order in some regards, especially when Congress has not approved a drastic change yet some POS Kenyan uses executive fiat to make a pen and ink change disregarding the Constitution and the institution of the U.S. Armed Forces.

***sigh***
    I need a beer

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9YWAAg&usg=AFQjCNFN0BMenG4_vV33QLDPxu9HswnxQg

Found this USA Today filler piece in my local Gannett-owned rag this morning. $438 buys our patriotic Caitlins a year's worth of hormone therapy and, presumably only for a handful (pun intended), surgery? My son's 10 stitches over his kneecap after his dirtbike spil in 2005l cost $600. My ER visit and stress test for a cardiac issue in 2012 was a shade over $10K. WTH?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's cheap! Affordable even! See it's not so bad. Nothing to see here, move along.

Typical creative BS reporting to try and make their predisposition look reasonable.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If you don't care about morale or unit cohesion it's easy. If your position is social change and not combat effectiveness so what?

Pretty much exactly what I came to post. I work with one of these type people. It creates an atmosphere of unease. Do you want that in a combat situation where you are asking people to place their lives into the trust of each other?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pretty much exactly what I came to post. I work with one of these type people. It creates an atmosphere of unease. Do you want that in a combat situation where you are asking people to place their lives into the trust of each other?

It's your fault there's unease. Everyone else should conform to "odd" people to make them feel special. We shouldn't expect that the "odd" person would try to fit in with everyone else. Because, the military isn't about the mission. It's about inclusion.

Top Bottom